Committing to a school while still having interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have an acceptance in hand for school #1 that requires a decision soon, but I have an interview scheduled for my top choice at school #2 after the decision deadline for school #1. I'm planning to accept the offer, pay the deposit, and reevaluate my options once I have a decision from school #2.

I didn't see any language in the acceptance letter about this, but accepting an offer of admission is not understood as a binding agreement, right? (I.e., I can withdraw and forfeit my deposit?). Is there a time frame when it's somewhat acceptable to do so? I understand it's frowned upon and why waitlist spots exist, but I want to make sure I'm not creating a messy situation for myself if I get an acceptance from school #2.
 
So I have an acceptance in hand for school #1 that requires a decision soon, but I have an interview scheduled for my top choice at school #2 after the decision deadline for school #1. I'm planning to accept the offer, pay the deposit, and reevaluate my options once I have a decision from school #2.

I didn't see any language in the acceptance letter about this, but accepting an offer of admission is not understood as a binding agreement, right? (I.e., I can withdraw and forfeit my deposit?). Is there a time frame when it's somewhat acceptable to do so? I understand it's frowned upon and why waitlist spots exist, but I want to make sure I'm not creating a messy situation for myself if I get an acceptance from school #2.
deposit is not binding, but yes, non-refundable
as long as you are professional about giving up your spot, the schools will understand...