Community College Classes Core?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CarTech

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am an upcoming senior year of studying business pre-med at my university. I have done all my pre-med requisites at my university as well as business classes, however I have taken some core classes (Government, History, English) at community colleges in the summer so I can graduate on time. I have received all A's in these community college core classes, however I made a pretty big error yesterday. I'm taking the classes through online community college while I am completing an internship in NYC and I missed one of the tests due to poor planning. Now I know that community classes do not attribute to my university GPA, but I have also heard that in applications they take into account the classes taken at all institutes. If I do well on every other test in the class, I can probably pull off a B in the class. Is this worth doing, or should I just drop the class? The only downside is is that it will appear as a "W" on the community college transcript.

TLDR: I'm taking online government, missed a test, think I'll probably end up with a B. Should I stay in class or drop, with the risk of "W" being on transcript. It's a community college core curriculum class, so I don't know how much med schools will care about it. Plz help.

Members don't see this ad.

don't have a W on your transcript over a B in a BS college course med schools aren't likely to give a crap about