Community College Core Class Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CarTech

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am an upcoming senior year of studying business pre-med at my university. I have done all my pre-med requisites at my university as well as business classes, however I have taken some core classes (Government, History, English) at community colleges in the summer so I can graduate on time. I have received all A's in these community college core classes, however I made a pretty big error yesterday. I'm taking the classes through online community college while I am completing an internship in NYC and I missed one of the tests due to poor planning. Now I know that community classes do not attribute to my university GPA, but I have also heard that in applications they take into account the classes taken at all institutes. If I do well on every other test in the class, I can probably pull off a B in the class. Is this worth doing, or should I just drop the class? The only downside is is that it will appear as a "W" on the community college transcript.

TLDR: I'm taking online government, missed a test, think I'll probably end up with a B. Should I stay in class or drop, with the risk of "W" being on transcript. It's a community college core curriculum class, so I don't know how much med schools will care about it. Plz help.
 
You are a senior. I made 2 C's in classes that I thought would kill my chances of medical school due to the classes relation to medicine. That happened my senior year of college, and I received quite a few interviews and was accepted to every school I interviewed at. At my number one school, while interviewing, the committee members asked me if I had anything else to share with them about me. The catch was, they hadn't received my updated transcripts yet..therefore, they had no idea about my 2 C's. So I literally said look, I made a mistake my last semester of college and yada yada and I made two C's. You just have to own it...