community college grades from high school count towards gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calgirl1234

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i have community college grades dating all the way back to 2001... which was when i was 10. (they were mostly just music or pe classes. im not a child prodigy) i know i have to report all grades on AMCAS but i was wondering if those classes from before high school/ high school factor into my overall gpa?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

so i have community college grades dating all the way back to 2001... which was when i was 10. (they were mostly just music or pe classes. im not a child prodigy) i know i have to report all grades on AMCAS but i was wondering if those classes from before high school/ high school factor into my overall gpa?

thanks!

All grades of classes taken at a college level must be reported.

Members don't see this ad :)

thanks!

Yes. They must be reported

They factor in, but are you worried because they are bad or hoping because they are good?

What if the Community College grades were used to complete high school requirements. For example, my high school elective was a stats class that was online and taught by the community college.

At my current undergraduate institution, they don't let us use those type of community college credits, since it was technically a high school class. Do I need to report those as well?...

What if the Community College grades were used to complete high school requirements. For example, my high school elective was a stats class that was online and taught by the community college.

At my current undergraduate institution, they don't let us use those type of community college credits, since it was technically a high school class. Do I need to report those as well?...

Yes, those still count for your AMCAS GPA.

Yes, those still count for your AMCAS GPA.

Hm, that puts me in a really weird situation, because where I went to high school there was a unique thing that one of our professors did.

We had a high school class of Electrical Engineering/Programming for 4 years, which was taught in our high school with its own curriculum. Our teacher (since he worked in a community college as well), gave us college credits for the class if we wanted...even though we never took the college equivalent of that class (I don't know how different it was).

I doubt anyone has gone through such a situation, because I never took a community college class...but got a grade for it (same as the grade I got in my high school class). The teacher did it to help us get more credits transferred to undergrad (which didn't even work).

Hm, that puts me in a really weird situation, because where I went to high school there was a unique thing that one of our professors did.

We had a high school class of Electrical Engineering/Programming for 4 years, which was taught in our high school with its own curriculum. Our teacher (since he worked in a community college as well), gave us college credits for the class if we wanted...even though we never took the college equivalent of that class (I don't know how different it was).

I doubt anyone has gone through such a situation, because I never took a community college class...but got a grade for it (same as the grade I got in my high school class). The teacher did it to help us get more credits transferred to undergrad (which didn't even work).

If you have a transcript from that community college it counts. I hope it was a good grade.

If you have a transcript from that community college it counts. I hope it was a good grade.

Oh wow well that sucks. I have like 20 credits totaling in a 3.5 GPA from that community college. That will really sink my GPA down.

Anyone know how much these grades go into consideration?

Oh wow well that sucks. I have like 20 credits totaling in a 3.5 GPA from that community college. That will really sink my GPA down.

Anyone know how much these grades go into consideration?

You will be fine with a 3.5 from high school. They will see that you did good in high school and even better in college.

Schools can see the yearly breakdown, for you it would show 3.5 high school and then >3.5 freshman, >3.5 sophomore, etc

You will be fine with a 3.5 from high school. They will see that you did good in high school and even better in college.

Schools can see the yearly breakdown, for you it would show 3.5 high school and then >3.5 freshman, >3.5 sophomore, etc

This is very comforting to hear. My high school encouraged students to take difficult undergraduate courses their junior and senior years. I did well considering how young I was, but probably a B/B+ average over 72 units. Really drags my GPA down, but I would hope that medical schools understand that getting a B in Honors Multivariate Calculus at age 16 is a positive thing, not a negative one.

This is very comforting to hear. My high school encouraged students to take difficult undergraduate courses their junior and senior years. I did well considering how young I was, but probably a B/B+ average over 72 units. Really drags my GPA down, but I would hope that medical schools understand that getting a B in Honors Multivariate Calculus at age 16 is a positive thing, not a negative one.

That's exactly what I am hoping for. I have a feeling those grades won't matter as much though.