Community college question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Guest1001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
After my freshman year of high school i took a chem class at my local cc just for interest, never transferred to my high school, never sent it to college ( has the ap credit) and don't think I have a grade on a transcript or even a transcript at all.

I already submitted my primary at the end of June- I'm planning on calling Amcas about this, but any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

If you officially took the chemistry class at a college, you have a transcript at that school, and that transcript needs to be sent to AMCAS and the course reported. AMCAS will probably tell you to contact the community college in question and request a transcript. Talk to the CC's registrar.

Yea that's what I figured- I was just concerned if it will cause any delays in verification

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a question AMCAS can help you with, but most likely you will not be verified until it is sorted out. I don't think this would bump you back to the end of the queue, but I doubt you will be verified before submitting this transcript.

Fair enough- the rate they are moving means I'm not scheduled to be verified for a couple weeks anyway so yea I'll deal with this ASAP- thanks for your thoughts.

Though just out of curiosity- given that I never transferred the credit to my undergrad institution do they care/ include it in any calculations?

Fair enough- the rate they are moving means I'm not scheduled to be verified for a couple weeks anyway so yea I'll deal with this ASAP- thanks for your thoughts.

Though just out of curiosity- given that I never transferred the credit to my undergrad institution do they care/ include it in any calculations?

Yes, it is factored into your gpa.

AMCAS doesn't care where your credits came from. They will lump all of your undergraduate coursework together from all the institutions you received credits from in order to calculate your GPA.