Community College, the Summer Before College part 2.

Namie

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I decided after thinking deeply and hard on my life, and it occured to me... well I'm going to become a doctor. My high school gpa wasn't horrible, but I just hated high school and wanted to leave home, so I didn't apply myself as much as I would like... but CC is cheaper, so no regrets lol. But now I am good, since I live with an older man who takes care of all my needs and doesn't give a crap what I do. He's not a sugar daddy though lol, he just makes enough to keep me here without asking me rent/food. And I have a part-time job so I'm making my own living.

So I'm at the community level next semester, I basically have all July and 25 days of August until I go back to school.

My math skills suck, so I'm assuming right now I am going to start off in College Algebra... but will I get to Calculas in the 3rd or 4th year?

What advice do you have to give it my ALL. Like I want perfection on my gpa.

I definitely want to take a gap year between undergrad and medical school, since that is the year I want to go wild and enjoy my youth before I am all dried up. Move to California, and party all night long. Only one chance to be 22 years old I guess. But that's not the point of this thread.... lol.

~

Then I'll go to medical school after I get that out of my system, and pay off my undergrad debts.

Going to live my dream as the most highly acclaim plastic surgeon, my name will be in lights in California, like on the road. I'll have an amazing office, and helping my patients become beautiful.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Calculus isn't a required premed course for most med schools... it depends on which ones you want to go to.

My advice: study hard, don't procrastinate.

Calculus isn't a required premed course for most med schools... it depends on which ones you want to go to.

My advice: study hard, don't procrastinate.

I just checked some schools in California (which I would applied too).

And you're right, it's not required. That would be GPA suicide.

Omg, I can be a doctor after all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I decided after thinking deeply and hard on my life, and it occured to me... well I'm going to become a doctor. My high school gpa wasn't horrible, but I just hated high school and wanted to leave home, so I didn't apply myself as much as I would like... but CC is cheaper, so no regrets lol. But now I am good, since I live with an older man who takes care of all my needs and doesn't give a crap what I do. He's not a sugar daddy though lol, he just makes enough to keep me here without asking me rent/food. And I have a part-time job so I'm making my own living.

So I'm at the community level next semester, I basically have all July and 25 days of August until I go back to school.

My math skills suck, so I'm assuming right now I am going to start off in College Algebra... but will I get to Calculas in the 3rd or 4th year?

Usually, most colleges offer courses that assist students with certain weaknesses. Such as writing skill help or study skills assistance. So you could check if there are any classes or courses that could help you brush up on your math skills. In case you find anything, I believe that is what you should spend the rest of July and 25 days of August doing.

In short: Don't lose hope!:)

There are also plenty of great free online lectures over math. The Khan Academy would be a great place to start and the MIT OpenCourse website may have video lectures over Calculus.

But now I am good, since I live with an older man who takes care of all my needs and doesn't give a crap what I do. He's not a sugar daddy though lol, he just makes enough to keep me here without asking me rent/food. And I have a part-time job so I'm making my own living.

W....T....F....

You're shacking up with some random old guy that is footing the bill for everything? I think you need to have a long sit down with your thoughts to see how messed up your situation is right now.

Anyway re your question, a good foundation of algebra is pretty much all you need going into calculus A.

Now, go fix your life and don't run around telling people about it if you choose to continue on that way. It's kind of creepy.

I just checked some schools in California (which I would applied too).

And you're right, it's not required. That would be GPA suicide.

Omg, I can be a doctor after all.

Most med schools in CA require calculus, only the 2 DO schools and USC, UCSF, and Stanford don't need calculus, the rest require a year of statistics or intro calculus.

There are also plenty of great free online lectures over math. The Khan Academy would be a great place to start and the MIT OpenCourse website may have video lectures over Calculus.

I actually downloaded the MIT OCW lectures on Solid State Chemistry (I'm a nerd :cool:), they explain things really well.

W....T....F....

You're shacking up with some random old guy that is footing the bill for everything? I think you need to have a long sit down with your thoughts to see how messed up your situation is right now.

Anyway re your question, a good foundation of algebra is pretty much all you need going into calculus A.

Now, go fix your life and don't run around telling people about it if you choose to continue on that way. It's kind of creepy.

I like bragging about my awesome life. lol

I like bragging about my awesome life. lol

To each their own, I suppose. Just to make sure though, this guy doesn't wear a purple velvet suit and a fedora with a feather in it, does he?

My math skills suck, so I'm assuming right now I am going to start off in College Algebra... but will I get to Calculas in the 3rd or 4th year? [/B

I definitely want to take a gap year between undergrad and medical school, since that is the year I want to go wild and enjoy my youth before I am all dried up. Move to California, and party all night long. Only one chance to be 22 years old I guess. But that's not the point of this thread.... lol.

~

Then I'll go to medical school after I get that out of my system, and pay off
my undergrad debts.

Going to live my dream as the most highly acclaim plastic surgeon, my name will be in lights in California, like on the road. I'll have an amazing office, and helping my patients become beautiful.

If you ever get to the interview part, make sure you tell the ADCOM about the last part (highly acclaimed plastic surgon etc..).

To each their own, I suppose. Just to make sure though, this guy doesn't wear a purple velvet suit and a fedora with a feather in it, does he?

Bitches love fedoras.

Deff take the prep courses if you feel you need it.Better to be a "little"behind with a good GPA then struggling to keep up.