community hospital programs vs university programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnny_blaze

And my name is hawkeye
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could please give me some info on community hospital programs vs university programs. I’d like to know the main pros and cons of each and general competitiveness of them (in respect to GS). Also, does anyone know where I can find a list of GS programs w/ contact numbers (both university and community) as I am an English/Canadian IMG thinking of coming to the US after medschool and I want to start inquiring about visas.

Thanks a bunch :D

Members don't see this ad.

johnny_blaze said:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could please give me some info on community hospital programs vs university programs.

Also, does anyone know where I can find a list of GS programs w/ contact numbers

The forum has a wealth of discussion on university v. community. A search should bring it up.

For contact information, got o www.ama-assn.org and choose FREIDA Online from the main page.

This is probably the best site I found for all of the residency positions in the country.

http://www.facs.org/residencysearch/search/search.html

It breaks the programs down by geography and allows you to read a little more detail about each program. Some of the information is dated, but it is a good launching point.

Regarding the community v. university programs, Pilot Doc is right in suggesting digging up old threads. It kind of comes down to career goals as to which suits you best.

thanks dudes, great sites