community service secondary essay (avoiding redundancy)

Started by kk123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kk123

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who have had secondary essays asking for examples of how you are active in the community, how did you write these essays without sounding repetitive of your application/primary essay?
I have already mentioned my community service in my primary essay along with some of the other secondary essays assigned by this school, but I don't know what to do for the one where I only talk about serving my community. I don't want to just repeat what I already said.
 
Keep in mind that some schools will use the secondary to find information quickly and efficiently from the secondary rather than digging through the research, employment and other activities on the AMCAS. Don't worry about redundancy; it is all about organizing the material so that reviewers can efficiently find what they seek and other reviewers can confirm it.
 
Just make sure you read the instructions. For a couple I noticed that they specifically ask that you not repeat what is in your primary, or only include it if you have a new angle on the same subject. As long as they don't say that then you're safe to do as @LizzyM says