COMP info needed please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vdubpower

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi i applied to comp and recived a letter today that i will not be reciveving an interview right now, but they will get back in touch with me by febuary. are they just sayin this to be nice. what are my chances of getting an interveiw if they are really gonna get back to me. or am i really screwed????
thanks
please anyone with any info , let meknow

Members don't see this ad.

Vdub,

From my understanding (not 100% sure), if the school did not offer an interview, it means the school has offered acceptances to the approximately 175 taken seats or that your application was not strong enough. This does not mean you're out of the hole, it just means the school has filled its capacity thus far and will contact you if necessary. For the most part, not all accepted will matriculate at COMP. Therefore throughout the course of the year, seats will become vacant. From what I was told at my interview at COMP, those interviewing late in the stage are usually for the waiting list. But keep your hopes up, I know of a few med students who interviewed and was placed on the wait list and received an acceptance just a few weeks before school started.

i figure they have legal obligation to tell you if your application has been dismissed. otherwise, it sounds like theyre keeping you on a waitlist. good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it is just because they are not sure about how many seats they have left. Remember, in previous years, students only had two weeks to respond, so they know fairly quickly how many seats they have left. This year, nobody is required to accept/reject the seat until DEC 15. Therefore, everyone is holding on to their acceptances until then. As far as COMP is concerned, nobody has turned down the seat so to them it is taken until otherwise. So for now, the seats offered is full, but after DEC 15, many people will be declining the offer and seats will open up and you will probably hear more from them later.

Hey, I'm currently attending COMP. There's no way in hell that they've already offered that many seats. I didn't interview till late January. Be patient, never assume you're 'totally screwed', and most of all apply to as many schools as possible.
G'luck

They are holding your application until the Aug MCAT apps come in to see how you rate with them. In other words, your application wasn't good enough to get an interview yet, but wasn't bad enough to throw away - they are going to look at it later when more qualified apps are given seats and then see if you can get what's left.

You're not out of the game yet - keep your head up.

------------------
--
KidT
[email protected]

Just hang in there. That happened to me the first year I applied. Just be persistent and call them from time to time. I got a letter saying something about re-reviewing my application and I ended up getting a interview in February.

The main thing to remember is to be persistent, if you really want it.. you'll get it. I interviewed 2 years in a row at COMP and finally got in late on the 2nd try. So there is hope!

-Eric