COMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dave

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just notified I will interview at COMP in a few weeks. Any info on the interview that is not on interviewfeedback.com would be appreciated. I'm worried the majority of the spots have been filled. What percentage of individuals interviewed are accepted, waitlisted? does the wait list move? This school is my top choice. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at COMP in October, and will be attending there in the Fall. The interview was very laid back...low low stress.
As much as you may here this, they just want to get to know you. It was very conversational, about my experiences, my jobs, etc. No grilling or "inquisition" type stuff going on.
I had other interviews with all these ethical questions, and picking through grades, class by class, having to explain why I got this grade etc...
Just be calm and most of all BE YOURSELF...if you made it to the interview they are interested...let your accomplishments SHINE!!!!!

Best of luck..hope to see you in the FALL!

Hi Dave:
I am currently an MS1 at COMP. I interviewed mid April of last year, and I made the cut. If they didn't like you, they would not waste the time to talk to you. At this point, the are interviewing you because they did not like most of the applicants that were not accepted thus far. Be cool, act mature and appear ultra enthusiastic about osteopathic medicine. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview in October was not low stress. I had an interview with two professors at the same time: One a professor of Neuroanatomy and the other, Biochemistry.

The Biochemistry professor was trying to provoke me. He seemed bored at times, argumentatively asked me to defend weaknesses in my record, and kept his head down reading my file. At one point, he even loudly and repeatedly circled something in the notes he was taking! I have no idea what I said that was so noteworthy. Don't let the attitude throw you off. It seemed like he was just looking for my initial reaction.

The Neuroanatomy professor, on the other hand, smiled, made good eye contact, and even validated one of my defending answers to a question by the Biochemistry professor. There was also a question about what would I do if I had a 12 year old patient, pregnant from her father, asking for birth control. They are looking for your thinking, not necessarily a right or wrong answer. He even gave me positive feedback (i.e. "Good answer!")

When I spoke with other interviewees afterwards, they said that the roles were reversed during their interview: the Neuroanatomy professor was antagonistic, and the Biochemistry professor was kind.

After the interviews, when the Biochem professor talked to all of us about the curriculum, his personality was surprisingly less hostile.

You get a certified letter approximately a week later.

Good luck!

i interviewed in late february and they said the class was about half full. they volunteered this info, so if you call them and ask how many spaces are left, they might tell you. good luck!

My interview experience was similar to the one above. I interviewed in early Feb. and had a fairly tame interview until the pharmacology instructer played good cop/bad cop. But I also believe that they are just looking for your response. It is nothing to get very stressed about, but my advice is to simply be aware that this might happen so that you aren't thrown for a loop. Better safe than sorry.

and be confident. don't start a second guessin' your own answers; what kind of doctor is that?

I interviewed back in January.

Both of the profs. who interviewed me were really cool.

Interview questions are usually pretty basic, as you might know.

I strongly suggest you practice w/ a friend
if you think you're little weak in interviewing skill.

Try to stay cool, and just be yourself. You'll do just fine.

Hope I get to see you this fall.