Company cars?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

97obw

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you floaters or any other type of pharmacists receive company cars, or paid mileage benefits, i know its kinda random but I'm jw

Members don't see this ad.

Do you floaters or any other type of pharmacists receive company cars, or paid mileage benefits, i know its kinda random but I'm jw

Walgreens will pay mileage if you fill in at a store out of your district and it's over 50 miles. All the floaters are assigned to work within their own district, so you never have a long drive. I think there are seven districts in the Tampa Bay area alone. My current commute is only 15 minutes.:)

In retail, in CA, mileage is commonplace for all floaters if traveling over 30 miles - not if you have a regular location which is over 30 miles (ie - it was your choice to take the job so you accept the travel).

If you attend a required meeting or training which takes place over 30 miles away from your home store (not your home), you can take mileage.

I've never heard of a company car - even the RPM doesn't use a company car - he gets mileage though (what an awful job!!!).

In hospital work, I don't know of any place that pays for mileage. We use our own relief staff to cover vacations, but years & years ago when we used agency staff, the hospital just paid the agency. I don't know what the actual pharmacist got paid from the agency (time plus travel or just time).

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on the distance but a lot of the time, no. It wouldnt make sense for them to.