Company cars?

Started by 97obw
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

97obw

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you floaters or any other type of pharmacists receive company cars, or paid mileage benefits, i know its kinda random but I'm jw
 
Do you floaters or any other type of pharmacists receive company cars, or paid mileage benefits, i know its kinda random but I'm jw

Walgreens will pay mileage if you fill in at a store out of your district and it's over 50 miles. All the floaters are assigned to work within their own district, so you never have a long drive. I think there are seven districts in the Tampa Bay area alone. My current commute is only 15 minutes.🙂
 
In retail, in CA, mileage is commonplace for all floaters if traveling over 30 miles - not if you have a regular location which is over 30 miles (ie - it was your choice to take the job so you accept the travel).

If you attend a required meeting or training which takes place over 30 miles away from your home store (not your home), you can take mileage.

I've never heard of a company car - even the RPM doesn't use a company car - he gets mileage though (what an awful job!!!).

In hospital work, I don't know of any place that pays for mileage. We use our own relief staff to cover vacations, but years & years ago when we used agency staff, the hospital just paid the agency. I don't know what the actual pharmacist got paid from the agency (time plus travel or just time).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad