1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

Comparing interviews on The Apprentice to medical school interviews: Ideal demeanor, passion level?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Gauss44, Sep 19, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Gauss44

Gauss44 2+ Year Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Comparing interviews for medical school, law firms, and business:

I'm wondering how an ideal candidate's behavior, level of passion, demeanor, level of aggressiveness/assertiveness/argumentativeness in a MEDICAL SCHOOL interview compares to an ideal candidate or typical candidates (in a business interview, law firm interview, or) on the television show, THE APPRENTICE?

(I stuck The Apprentice in there so that those without law/business experience have some means of comparison. A Youtube search of The Apprentice Interview Stage brings them right up.)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. NickNaylor

NickNaylor Thank You for Smoking Lifetime Donor 7+ Year Member

Not at all - unless you want to act like Gary Busey, in which case you receive an automatic acceptance.

4. Gauss44

Gauss44 2+ Year Member

Oct 28, 2012
    The main thing I've noticed about Donald Trump is that he highly value's passion and assertiveness.

Shifting gears to Gary, I think Donald Trump admires the creativity in people like Gary and Cyndi Lauper, but I think they were both ultimately fired (indirectly) for an inability to relate with other people. Part of the reason Brett Michaels won, IMO, is that he had this creativity, but did so much better socially than Gary or Cyndi (who I think came across as down right "weird" or even inappropriate at times).