Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Comparing interviews on The Apprentice to medical school interviews: Ideal demeanor, passion level?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by Gauss44, 09.19.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Gauss44

Gauss44 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Comparing interviews for medical school, law firms, and business:

I'm wondering how an ideal candidate's behavior, level of passion, demeanor, level of aggressiveness/assertiveness/argumentativeness in a MEDICAL SCHOOL interview compares to an ideal candidate or typical candidates (in a business interview, law firm interview, or) on the television show, THE APPRENTICE?

(I stuck The Apprentice in there so that those without law/business experience have some means of comparison. A Youtube search of The Apprentice Interview Stage brings them right up.)

Last edited: 09.19.14
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. NickNaylor

NickNaylor Daisy the Dog Lifetime Donor 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Verified
    Physician
    SDN
    Author
    Not at all - unless you want to act like Gary Busey, in which case you receive an automatic acceptance.

4. Gauss44

Gauss44 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    The main thing I've noticed about Donald Trump is that he highly value's passion and assertiveness.

Shifting gears to Gary, I think Donald Trump admires the creativity in people like Gary and Cyndi Lauper, but I think they were both ultimately fired (indirectly) for an inability to relate with other people. Part of the reason Brett Michaels won, IMO, is that he had this creativity, but did so much better socially than Gary or Cyndi (who I think came across as down right "weird" or even inappropriate at times).

About the ads