Complaining in front of admissions person affect me negatively?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Once the interview was completely over, we were all leaving, and I was on the elevator talking with another applicant. I said I had to go to work after the interview because my boss said she would prefer me to come in afterwards and not take the full day off.

Other: You have to go to work after this?
Me: Yeah, I asked for the day off, but she said she would prefer if I come in afterward.
Other: Really, and it is kind of a stressful day too.
Me: Yeah, I don't know. But it's okay, I'll just finish a couple things.

One administrative person from admissions was in the elevator (with like 10 other people but I think she most likely heard). Do you think that would affect me negatively since I was complaining? I realize this is a highly neurotic question and this probably doesn't matter at all!!!
CHILL!!!!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Once the interview was completely over, we were all leaving, and I was on the elevator talking with another applicant. I said I had to go to work after the interview because my boss said she would prefer me to come in afterwards and not take the full day off.

Other: You have to go to work after this?
Me: Yeah, I asked for the day off, but she said she would prefer if I come in afterward.
Other: Really, and it is kind of a stressful day too.
Me: Yeah, I don't know. But it's okay, I'll just finish a couple things.

One administrative person from admissions was in the elevator (with like 10 other people but I think she most likely heard). Do you think that would affect me negatively since I was complaining? I realize this is a highly neurotic question and this probably doesn't matter at all!!!
It doesn't sound like complaining from what you related. Just a statement of fact with acceptance.
 
Once the interview was completely over, we were all leaving, and I was on the elevator talking with another applicant. I said I had to go to work after the interview because my boss said she would prefer me to come in afterwards and not take the full day off.

Other: You have to go to work after this?
Me: Yeah, I asked for the day off, but she said she would prefer if I come in afterward.
Other: Really, and it is kind of a stressful day too.
Me: Yeah, I don't know. But it's okay, I'll just finish a couple things.

One administrative person from admissions was in the elevator (with like 10 other people but I think she most likely heard). Do you think that would affect me negatively since I was complaining? I realize this is a highly neurotic question and this probably doesn't matter at all!!!
You weren't complaining.