Complete a CARS section... but then what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kanda1o

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

So concerning the CARS section. What's the best approach, for reviewing a CARS section that you complete? I find it rather difficult for me to go through the CARS section that I had finished and re-read every question and the descriptions Kaplan provides on the bottom.

Anyone have any advice, or suggestions when it comes to reviewing the answers to a CARS section? I just almost don't know "where to go from here", after I do a practice section with CARS. I have seen steady (minor) improvements in my section scores when it comes to CARS, (121 on diagnostic and now consistently around 124-126), but I don't feel as if I'm doing the most productive... "post-section review" that I could be doing.

Members don't see this ad.

Also. Is there any tips you fine gents and ladies may have for not hitting an absolute brick wall for the last two passages of the CARS section? The past few practice CARS I have done, I do so well until the last two passages, and those destroy my score :'(

I think best strategy is to at least check your wrong answers right away (if you are not completely exhausted) while passages are fresh in your mind. In that case you only have to read why your answer was wrong and what's the correct answer and it clicks (most of time, except times when their explanation logic is so weird and unnatural that I want to smash computer screen with mouse). Same goes for other sections. Been said that, I myself sometimes postpone review until next morning (and it's worse because you already don't remember details from passages).

As for last 2 passages on CARS - do you mean you lack stamina/endurance to stay focused or you mean last passages are simply more difficult? I think the difficulty is random and for stamina/endurance - best way is to keep practicing FL's and keep your body in good shape - since some of that inability to concentrate is dependent on our physical fit. I'm going to start some bicycle riding every other day to be at least minimally fit. Otherwise it's too hard to just eat junk food and stay sedentary studying MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
I think best strategy is to at least check your wrong answers right away (if you are not completely exhausted) while passages are fresh in your mind. In that case you only have to read why your answer was wrong and what's the correct answer and it clicks (most of time, except times when their explanation logic is so weird and unnatural that I want to smash computer screen with mouse). Same goes for other sections. Been said that, I myself sometimes postpone review until next morning (and it's worse because you already don't remember details from passages).

As for last 2 passages on CARS - do you mean you lack stamina/endurance to stay focused or you mean last passages are simply more difficult? I think the difficulty is random and for stamina/endurance - best way is to keep practicing FL's and keep your body in good shape - since some of that inability to concentrate is dependent on our physical fit. I'm going to start some bicycle riding every other day to be at least minimally fit. Otherwise it's too hard to just eat junk food and stay sedentary studying MCAT.

Yeah I was speaking more towards the stamina! I personally, find CARS the most challenging, especially when you look at the entire section as a whole. The 9 passages with dense humanities killlllsssss me.

But I appreciate the response! I typically take a break after I do a practice section, before going through it again. I'm going to start reviewing sections right after though, I think that may help with my mental fatigue