Complete but no interview yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOCTORSAIB

Ophtho or bust!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im getting a little anxious. My file has been complete at the following schools and still no correspondence for an interview.

PCOM (complete 8/28)
NSUCOM (?? forgot to send those damn postcards with app.)
UMDNJ (complete late August)
CCOM (complete 9/4)

Anyone else in the same boat???

DOCTORSAIB

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I am still waiting. AZCOM, CCOM, and NSUCOM to name a few. I had a problem with my file at DMU that just got fixed this week. I am waiting to see if they get in touch with me before the other schools that I had my file complete way before them. :)

I know how you feel...just waiting on PCOM, LECOM and NYCOM. I wonder what is taking them so long...do you think I should call them and ask? Some schools are helpful and will honestly tell you the status of your aps but some are very discreet and don't disclose much. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it is just a waiting game. I would get more worried if it was something like three weeks since your file has been complete. Some schools only meet once a week or so and then they have to mail you your answer. So it could be 2 weeks or more if your file is complete on a Monday, they decide on a Friday, mail goes out on the next Monday, and it gets to you on the next Thursday or Friday if the mail is going fast.

Whats making me worried is that at some of these schools (ie. PCOM, UMDNJ, NSUCOM, and CCOM) i've been "complete" since either late August or first week of September and ive yet to hear anything from them.

I tried calling, got through to PCOM AND UMDNJ, was told file is complete. (CCOM status check is online). However, i called my top choice (NSUCOM) over 2 weeks ago to check my status, left a message, ive yet to hear from them...:( I guess the waiting continues.

DOCTORSAIB

I hate to say it but as you know this is a game of waiting. Schools can interview all the way until April. You could wait until the first day of classes for an acceptance. This isn't late in the game. I would say chill for the next three weeks and then maybe a call to the schools if you still are wondering. Don't make yourself a pest this early in the game.

Good Luck:cool: