Completely scared out of my wits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doublelle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone please give me some motivational advice for this entire medical school journey? Taking the MCAT in April and am totally freaked out about it. I am 25, married, have a BS in Exercise Physiology, and have worked in the Cardiopulmonary department at a hospital for 2 years and am also taking respiratory therapy classes as well as finishing up my Organic Chemistry requirements. Hoping to go to an osteopathic school...Have on here where I live (wouldn't have to sell house and move). Anyway, I am wondering if this is all worth it........Any feedback would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

yes, it is worthy but only if you really are sure that this is the professional field that you want to be in it. So, if you can honestly ask yourself the question "Is this waht I want" and you get a truthfull yes the go for it and you will never regret it. Best of luck.

------------------
siul

Don't be scared.......get excited. It could be the greatest adventure. I also majored in ex phys, have worked in stress testing/cardiac rehab in a hospital for 5 years and was recently accepted to DMU. I think it's a great background for the osteopathic philosophy/approach to medicine. You have the knowledge of what it takes to be a physician. You need to decide if it's worth the investment to achieve your goal. MCATs are a frustrating but necessary evil. My scores were not stellar, but the schools did give credit for my work experience and I think it says alot more than a standardized test! But.....like I said they are a necessary evil. Just get through it and look ahead to the prize!