Completing class requirements after applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

theonlytycrane

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Happy summer all- I have a question about completing required classes after applying. I plan to apply next June (2016), but I may not have completed a few classes (Organic Chemistry Lab II & Microbiology) before applying. I will have completed the core classes that I need for most schools and for MCAT preparation.

Is there any downside to this being the case? Should I adjust my schedule to fit in all required classes to be completed prior to my application?

I plan to complete these classes in the summer following the submission of my application. In this case, will I just update my application late-summer?

All advice is appreciated. Thanks!
 
You have to have it done by matriculation, not application.

If you know when you are taking them you can list future courses on AMCAS when entering your courses.