Completing Pre-Reqs in your final semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YA7ES

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've applied to 9 DO schools, and the only one that requires genetics is KCUMB. I'm a legacy at this school, so I have a decent shot at being accepted.

However, I don't plan on taking Genetics unless I decide to attend KCUMB.
So, if i do decide to attend, will they "conditionally" accept me until I finish genetics this upcoming spring semester... or is the spring to late?

Members don't see this ad.

I've applied to 9 DO schools, and the only one that requires genetics is KCUMB. I'm a legacy at this school, so I have a decent shot at being accepted.

However, I don't plan on taking Genetics unless I decide to attend KCUMB.
So, if i do decide to attend, will they "conditionally" accept me until I finish genetics this upcoming spring semester... or is the spring to late?

Usually pre-reqs have to be completed prior to matriculation, not prior to application. You should contact KCUMB and make sure, though.

I have the same problem, I'm going to apply to KCUMB, KCUMB requires genetics and biochemistry as a pre-requisite but I'm taking Genetics next summer while I'm applying and hopefully going to get a course substitution for Biochem because the molecular biology class im taking right now includes biochemistry; I know this is allowed but does anyone know if this will hurt my chances of getting an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've already had one of my professors send the curriculum for a cell biology class I took to KCUMB as a substitute for biochemistry. They denied it. They require that the curriculum include lipid digestion. I've applied to KCUMB, and if I get accepted I will take biochemistry in the spring at another university I got my undergraduate at. Hopefully, they will let me just take the one class.

Did you still have to list on your application when you were planning to take Biochem even though you sent a request for a course sub.?