YA7ES

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I've applied to 9 DO schools, and the only one that requires genetics is KCUMB. I'm a legacy at this school, so I have a decent shot at being accepted.

However, I don't plan on taking Genetics unless I decide to attend KCUMB.
So, if i do decide to attend, will they "conditionally" accept me until I finish genetics this upcoming spring semester... or is the spring to late?

Semicolon

OMS II
10+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2008
NYC
Status
Medical Student
I've applied to 9 DO schools, and the only one that requires genetics is KCUMB. I'm a legacy at this school, so I have a decent shot at being accepted.

However, I don't plan on taking Genetics unless I decide to attend KCUMB.
So, if i do decide to attend, will they "conditionally" accept me until I finish genetics this upcoming spring semester... or is the spring to late?
Usually pre-reqs have to be completed prior to matriculation, not prior to application. You should contact KCUMB and make sure, though.

Aug 26, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I have the same problem, I'm going to apply to KCUMB, KCUMB requires genetics and biochemistry as a pre-requisite but I'm taking Genetics next summer while I'm applying and hopefully going to get a course substitution for Biochem because the molecular biology class im taking right now includes biochemistry; I know this is allowed but does anyone know if this will hurt my chances of getting an interview?

RitaHayworth

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I've already had one of my professors send the curriculum for a cell biology class I took to KCUMB as a substitute for biochemistry. They denied it. They require that the curriculum include lipid digestion. I've applied to KCUMB, and if I get accepted I will take biochemistry in the spring at another university I got my undergraduate at. Hopefully, they will let me just take the one class.

Aug 26, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Did you still have to list on your application when you were planning to take Biochem even though you sent a request for a course sub.?