composite letter interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toomuch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done an interview with a premedical committee for their LORs? My school calls it an "evaluative" interview. I have one on Monday and have no clue what to expect because they already have my resume, personal statement, transcript and LORs, what would they ask? Any info would be great.

Thanks,
tm

Members don't see this ad.

I had one. It was pretty much like a med-school interview....more a get-to-know-you conversation. I had already explained "why medicine" in my essay to the committee, so meeting with the committee member was just that they could learn more about my general insterests & personality.
All in all, it was a good preparation for med school interviews. I hope you're not applying this year, because it's a bit late.

Mine was pretty laid back, and basically just consisted of my committee getting to know me a little bit better so they could write a more detailed letter. You will probably go over your coursework, motivations, choices, etc. They're on your side (at least they should be), so it's really nothing to worry about.

If you have any gaping holes in your application you'll be asked to explain them, but if you're applying to med schools that's something that you should get used to doing anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was tough. They new the good stuff about me they wanted to dig out the "bad stuff" because comitees dont want to only say good thinkgs about you in the letters. They want to say bad things too. Make you seem more human. Mine had a lot of ethics questions

What kind of ethics question?

I couldn't help but notice that you're from Missouri too.

tm

yes, I go to Mizzou