Compounding Tapazole (Methimazole) into Suspension/Liquid(from tablets)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LancerPharmD

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok so I am fresh out of ideas. I have called compounding pharmacies and searched online. The pharmacy I work for needs to compound Tapazole (Methimazole) into an oral suspension/liquid. We do not want to buy the bulk powder, we would rather use tables. Anyone out there have any ideas or suggestions?

Is there such a formula?
What is the stability?
 
Ok so I am fresh out of ideas. I have called compounding pharmacies and searched online. The pharmacy I work for needs to compound Tapazole (Methimazole) into an oral suspension/liquid. We do not want to buy the bulk powder, we would rather use tables. Anyone out there have any ideas or suggestions?

Is there such a formula?
What is the stability?
I looked at all of our compounding recipes at work, and they all require the powder. Maybe you can borrow some powder from another store?