Guanfacine liquid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing wrong with goodrx. I think it’s great and I have used it for my family.

They do sell your private info though. So, you gotta be okay with that..

Well - there is the larger problem of how PBMs are one of the largest reasons why working in a pharmacy is not a whole lot different than working the line at a Taco Bell…

It’s true that they are “Great” but the truth is that the greatness of Goodrx comes at a deep price - and that deep price is often to completely take advantage of the staff in a pharmacy

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Well - there is the larger problem of how PBMs are one of the largest reasons why working in a pharmacy is not a whole lot different than working the line at a Taco Bell…

It’s true that they are “Great” but the truth is that the greatness of Goodrx comes at a deep price - and that deep price is often to completely take advantage of the staff in a pharmacy

How does good rx take advantage of pharmacy staff? Can you elaborate? Do you mean time it takes to enter the codes?

How does good rx take advantage of pharmacy staff? Can you elaborate? Do you mean time it takes to enter the codes?
they charge a fee to the pharmacy for the honor of losing money on the rx

Members don't see this ad :)

If you are not aware of how PBMs have destroyed pharmacy - you are part of the problem and not part of the solution. This is literally why so many pharmacists just dont work in pharmacy anymore. The pharmacy has become so financially squeezed that it’s barely worth doing anymore even after we converted it to a fast food business model.

I suppose I would google it to learn what’s going on.

I googled, “how did PBMs destroy pharmacy?” This is a good start..

Reactions: 1 user
I understand that but what can you do when drug prices are this outrageous? When it’s charging you cash price of $50+ per prescription, I am glad we have some options to bring that price down.

We wouldn’t need discount cards or insurance if prices were affordable to begin with.

I understand that but what can you do when drug prices are this outrageous? When it’s charging you cash price of $50+ per prescription, I am glad we have some options to bring that price down.

We wouldn’t need discount cards or insurance if prices were affordable to begin with.
this is why we should (and I think most independents allow this) to have their sort of own internal discount card to avoid any of the medicare pricing issues - that can bring cash paying customers down, or simply adjust the price at the register in those situations,

Answer is single payer system (not necessarily free) for all.. Get rid of middleman (insurance and discount cards).

Fair enough 👍.

That's what i was getting at with the burger illustration.
Cash price doesn't exist as a monolith. Prices with wholesalers vary, rebates for contract also vary greatly, GPOs, etc...

Yep, I might get better prices at my indy because I'm part of a buying group as opposed to another indy who is not in a buying group.

Answer is single payer system (not necessarily free) for all.. Get rid of middleman (insurance and discount cards).
yup - way to much money is made by said middleman -

If you are not aware of how PBMs have destroyed pharmacy - you are part of the problem and not part of the solution. This is literally why so many pharmacists just dont work in pharmacy anymore. The pharmacy has become so financially squeezed that it’s barely worth doing anymore even after we converted it to a fast food business model.

I suppose I would google it to learn what’s going on.

I googled, “how did PBMs destroy pharmacy?” This is a good start..

You all are way too hard on PBMs. PBMs didn't kill retail pharmacy. Retail pharmacists did. Maybe RxDoc or someone else who was around in the 80s can chime in here. Insurance company reimbursement was so high because pharmacists were pretty good at keeping their costs a secret. Average Wholesale Price + dispensing fee was a great deal. Eventually the insurers figured out no pharmacy really paid AWP for drugs. If retail pharmacy provided something the public considered of value, reimbursement would be better today.

There are plenty of not-for-profit insurance companies and PBMs. Guess what? They won't reimburse you any better than a for profit company. It's a pretty low margin game overall. Drugs are expensive for one reason only: drug companies, everything else is pennies.

You all are way too hard on PBMs. PBMs didn't kill retail pharmacy. Retail pharmacists did. Maybe RxDoc or someone else who was around in the 80s can chime in here. Insurance company reimbursement was so high because pharmacists were pretty good at keeping their costs a secret. Average Wholesale Price + dispensing fee was a great deal. Eventually the insurers figured out no pharmacy really paid AWP for drugs. If retail pharmacy provided something the public considered of value, reimbursement would be better today.

There are plenty of not-for-profit insurance companies and PBMs. Guess what? They won't reimburse you any better than a for profit company. It's a pretty low margin game overall. Drugs are expensive for one reason only: drug companies, everything else is pennies.

Yes and no - but anyways - I’m sure we can all just agree that the pharmacy business model is a terrible cluster

And yes - I want to blame it on @RxDoc as well..

You're ignoring a tooooon of finer details

That being said, I didn't realize Guanfacine was available as a liquid - but I don't deal with the pediatric population. Ironically a google search for guanfacine liquid - the first entry is a compounded product link. Are we sure it is commercially available? I am not at work and can't search our wholesaler database.

Ha ha, I'm reading this thread half asleep on Christmas Eve/Early Christmas morning and I thought the thread was about guaifenesin until I got to your post and you said you didn't realize it was available as a liquid. And I was like no way, everyone knows guaifenesin is a liquid, and then I reread and realized I was the only thinking about guaifenesin.