Comprehensive listing of scholarships/grants for medical students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fly_youfools

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finances were something that had always been lurking on the back of my mind throughout the whole application process, but the reality hadn't sunk in until my first acceptance. Loans are inevitable and the extent of aid schools can give is limited, but ideally, I'd like to defray some of the expenses with any scholarships. I know there are scholarships available for current medical students (UC Irvine has a pretty good list) but I was wondering if there are any other lists available and if there are scholarships out there that students can start applying for pre-matriculation? Any links to other lists like UC Irvine's (Outside Scholarships for Medical Students: Medical Students) would also be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I've been looking around for pre-matriculation scholarships and they are very hard to find. Most schools on their website have a list of outside scholarships but so far I've only seen ones where you have to already be in medical school.