Comprehensive Post Interview Communication Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Someone went threw and deleted all the post pertaining to BWH.

Not sure what that was about? Maybe someone who didn't get one felt triggered.

Any post interview communication at this point would be the equivalent of a booty call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Now that the deadline has passed, just wanted to clarify some misinformation on here. UCSF chief residents directly called the 14 applicants they ranked to match and made it clear they were only calling 14, no more. Seemed very genuine to me, so let's see what happens...

So were the BWH comments deleted bc they were inaccurate/trolling? Or can someone actually confirm that they got a call/email? I heard the Harvard system makes a point of not calling anyone.

Now that the deadline has passed, just wanted to clarify some misinformation on here. UCSF chief residents directly called the 14 applicants they ranked to match and made it clear they were only calling 14, no more. Seemed very genuine to me, so let's see what happens...

I'll corroborate this now that the deadline has passed...I posted earlier trying to be ambiguous about the program/type of communication but the person who congratulated was right about it being ucsf. Never did get that snail mail letter someone had posted about.

Last edited:
So were the BWH comments deleted bc they were inaccurate/trolling? Or can someone actually confirm that they got a call/email? I heard the Harvard system makes a point of not calling anyone.
Not a call. Just an email from a chief resident, which said hope to be ranked highly. Probably does not mean much at all.

I'll corroborate this now that the deadline has passed...I posted earlier trying to be ambiguous about the program/type of communication but the person who congratulated was right about it being ucsf. Never did get that snail mail letter someone had posted about.
Sweet. I guess we will be co-residents if all goes well. I am the one who congratulated you and also am the one who posted just recently about the misinformation regarding UCSF.

Reactions: 1 user

BWH sent something. I think it was an email. My friend who's applying got one, not me so I can't say for sure.

I can confirm that BWH sent an "hope you rank us highly" email. As previously said, it probably doesn't mean much. I know someone last year who didn't get one and still matched

Members don't see this ad :)
Umm... I got hard copy mail from UCSF.

I don't know what to tell you guys. Wasn't trying to spread misinformation.

Umm... I got hard copy mail from UCSF.

I don't know what to tell you guys. Wasn't trying to spread misinformation.

Well, who knows what to think then...maybe they do both? Like the other poster mentioned though, my experience was that they were rather specific about saying they called 14 people when I spoke on the phone. Given the inconsistency, I'll still have my fingers crossed on match day...

Does one sending out emails early on letting programs know they're ranked highly on one's list obviate programs having to send out "hope you rank us highly" emails to some applicants? I received emails from programs I didn't say anything to, but received none from programs I sent out letters to very early on.

Last edited:
Nothing for me yet. I applied mostly to the NE.

Anyone hear back from NYU or BID so far this year? These posts seems to be from Feb of last year so wondering if its early still/programs are still generating their lists.

waiting for post-interview communication is nearly as bad as waiting for interview invites...

waiting for post-interview communication is nearly as bad as waiting for interview invites...

no it's not. Applicants match all the time at places they get no post interview communication.Applicants don't match at places they don't get interviews at.

Reactions: 3 users
anyone hear back from duke?!?!?!?!?!

lol jesus dude I can't even imagine how stressful texting someone you have a crush on must be for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
can we make this a meme?

Reactions: 1 users
anyone hear back from duke?!?!?!?!?!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone hear back from midwest programs? WashU?, Madison?Uchicago?NW?

Yeah, NW. "You are ranked highly" Anyone else get this?

Well that's a bummer. Silence for me even after I sent them a love letter. May i asked if it was unsolicited?

I got a nice generic thank you from Michigan to my thank you letter. Nothing from Brigham.

Well that's a bummer. Silence for me even after I sent them a love letter. May i asked if it was unsolicited?

I got a nice generic thank you from Michigan to my thank you letter. Nothing from Brigham.

Unsolicited from NW.
To answer previous posts...no unsolicited emails for me from BWH, Michigan, Duke, Madison, BID, or NYU.
Anyone else? Maybe its too early.

Anyone hear anything from Henry Ford, Beaumont, or MCW? DR or IR?

Looking back on this forum it sounds like UCLA and UCSF both call their top ranked applicants in early Feb- anyone receive one of these calls, or know someone who did? As much as it doesn't matter, it makes me feel better to know these things.

To add to this thread, the only unsolicited comm I got was from colorado

How do people reply to "rank to match" emails if you are not ranking them number 1?