Comprehensive Post Interview Communication Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How do people reply to "rank to match" emails if you are not ranking them number 1?
I didn't reply. I figure it won't hurt to remain quiet.

Any chance you'll share which program?

Members don't see this ad.

Sometimes it means something, sometimes it doesn't. Just can't tell. But it is interesting to see who does put out post-interview communication.
I was partially referring to the content of the messages, but also to the content of an anonymous message board on a subject like this. Anyone could make anything up and make others freak out.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was partially referring to the content of the messages, but also to the content of an anonymous message board on a subject like this. Anyone could make anything up and make others freak out.
Very good point. Even if some are not true though, I don't mind tempering expectations, especially my own. I don't mind adding drama to end of the season. I hope some more people contribute in the coming weeks, even if a few trolls jump in.

Dear UCLA,

I just certified
And I'm going crazy
You're my #1
So call me maybe

Reactions: 1 user
How do people reply to "rank to match" emails if you are not ranking them number 1?

I'm not responding; let's be real here, they send that to multiple people. The only programs I plan on responding to were the radiology program and intern year that I'm ranking number one (and who knows if that even does anything, my guess would be no). Beyond that, nada

I'm not responding; let's be real here, they send that to multiple people. The only programs I plan on responding to were the radiology program and intern year that I'm ranking number one (and who knows if that even does anything, my guess would be no). Beyond that, nada
What programs have sent those?

is that really true? because thats ridiculous, especially when they say things like we have X spots and you are in top X.

What programs have sent those?

is that really true? because thats ridiculous, especially when they say things like we have X spots and you are in top X.

Off the top of my head The ones that I know of are Indiana, Colorado, UVA, MUSC, and a prelim. Not sure anyone else has that I interviewed with anyway, not that I know what my top choice is yet (it may not be someone that sends me something, I dunno) since I'm still figuring it all out.

I've read so many things online in addition to people that matched the year before me that had programs saying they were "ranked to match", put that place number one, then didn't match there. Maybe everyone doesnt do it (or rads/prelims are exceptions?), but I guess I'm paranoid and would rather save myself the disappointment lol

Off the top of my head The ones that I know of are Indiana, Colorado, UVA, MUSC, and a prelim. Not sure anyone else has that I interviewed with anyway, not that I know what my top choice is yet (it may not be someone that sends me something, I dunno) since I'm still figuring it all out.

I've read so many things online in addition to people that matched the year before me that had programs saying they were "ranked to match", put that place number one, then didn't match there. Maybe everyone doesnt do it (or rads/prelims are exceptions?), but I guess I'm paranoid and would rather save myself the disappointment lol

Thats depressing, but probably the best way to look at it. Congrats on the emails though, at least it shows you're wanted.

Thats depressing, but probably the best way to look at it. Congrats on the emails though, at least it shows you're wanted.
Nah dude this person is probably part of a small group of applicants with crazy credentials. This small group gets all the rank to match emails etc but they each only can take one spot so most people who match at a place most likely got no love letters or whatever you want to call it. Don't worry about it so much. And no I haven't heard from Duke

Nah dude this person is probably part of a small group of applicants with crazy credentials. This small group gets all the rank to match emails etc but they each only can take one spot so most people who match at a place most likely got no love letters or whatever you want to call it. Don't worry about it so much. And no I haven't heard from Duke

For what it's worth, I was rejected from every single program in the top ten with the exception of one, and most others in the top twenty on doximity. So I would heavily disagree with your assessment of my "crazy credentials". It's funny, I have had the same opinion of people that are deciding where to rank MIR/PENN/Duke/MGH/UCSF and wondered what they had that I didn't. I would, however, also echo your sentiments to not worry about it so much, life will go on, we'll all match and have a good life to look forward to. Y'all are some smart cookies, things will work out.

Members don't see this ad :)

What did UVA say?

Congratulations on a successful interview season. It looks like despite your low yield for top 10/20, you interviewed well and set yourself up to succeed.

I was curious about the correspondence you received. Were all of these unsolicited and phrased as some variation of, "You're ranked to match at our program."?

Or, are you including variations of we hope you rank us highly, you'd be a great fit here, you'd really excel in our program, you were very impressive and everybody liked you, we hope to have you next year, you were an outstanding candidate we hope you stay in touch etc.?

What did UVA say?
Congratulations on a successful interview season. It looks like despite your low yield for top 10/20, you interviewed well and set yourself up to succeed.

I was curious about the correspondence you received. Were all of these unsolicited and phrased as some variation of, "You're ranked to match at our program."?

Or, are you including variations of we hope you rank us highly, you'd be a great fit here, you'd really excel in our program, you were very impressive and everybody liked you, we hope to have you next year, you were an outstanding candidate we hope you stay in touch etc.?

Pretty much all of them said something along the lines of that they hoped I considered their strengths and that they saw me as a good fit/got along well with residents/interviewers. UVA and my prelim were the only ones that specifically mentioned that I would be ranked highly, which is weird because I thought I was a total potato at the former and was off my game. But yeah, nothing too crazy. I suppose I misspoke earlier when I implied I received multiple "ranked to match" emails, that totally wasn't my intention; just wanted to let people know who had sent stuff out.

Has anyone heard anything from OHSU post interview? And if so solicited or unsolicited?

I'm probably going to regret asking this, but has anyone heard from the PD's of Stanford or UCSD?

I'm probably going to regret asking this, but has anyone heard from the PD's of Stanford or UCSD?

UCSD sent out a nebulous email a little while ago, pretty standard "we were impressed, but we can't say anything commital" message. I wouldn't worry about it though, with this whole IR/DR and DR madness I imagine it's even more difficult to predict how deep down rank lists everyone will go. If you liked em rank em first. There's really nothing to lose at this point

UCSD sent out a nebulous email a little while ago, pretty standard "we were impressed, but we can't say anything commital" message. I wouldn't worry about it though, with this whole IR/DR and DR madness I imagine it's even more difficult to predict how deep down rank lists everyone will go. If you liked em rank em first. There's really nothing to lose at this point

Ok thanks, any idea whether that email was geared specifically for the IR applicants? Either way, my rank list is set at this point.

Anyone hear from any Texas schools particularly UTSW, UT Houston, Scott & White?