Computer Science BS with Theology Masters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geomike

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am currently majoring in Computer Science while taking med school prereqs and I am really wanting to get my Masters in Theology afterwards which would mean I would be taking two gap years between university and med school. Would that be looked down upon? I have to convince my parents that it is a an okay thing to do, but I wanted to make sure that it is alright. Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

Do whatever you want. Get good grades in the prerequisites and do well on the MCAT (probably 2015 version) and have some good ECs, and you will be fine, no matter what MA program you do.

Thanks J Senpai, also another thing, how are supposed to study for the new 2015 MCAT? I assume it's too new of a test for them to have practice books and stuff?

Members don't see this ad :)
They will release study materials pretty soon; I assume before the end of this year. Intro psych, sociology and first semester biochemistry will be added, but all of the questions will revolve around human systems. The best way to study will be to use the study materials provided. It will be daunting for those who have to take the exam first (I'm taking it in August of 2015, so I'll have a few iterations before me to work off of), but as long as you focus on the material and adhere to a schedule for about 3 months, you should do fine. Again, all the questions will focus on living systems, so that may make it a bit easier to study for.

Oh that makes sense, so is psych and sociology required prereqs now? Or is it just going to be on the test? Thanks for your time J btw, I really appreciate it