Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

concerend about my interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by ruck, Apr 18, 2007.

1. ruck

ruck Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I'm concerned about something that happened in my interview today. One of the interviewers asked me when I took the MCAT (closed file interview). At the time I coudl have sworn that I took it last year so I said "last year". After my interview was over all of a suddn i remembered that it was 2 years ago not last year.I know that after my interview they review my applicaiton right away so I'm concerned that they might have thought I lied about it :(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jp104

jp104 Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I wouldn't worry about it. 9 times out of 10, they are interviewing you just to see how you stand up to face to face contact. As long as you spoke with confidence and politeness you should be fine.

4. ruck

ruck Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I see your point but what worries me is that the admissions director before teh interview told us not to lie about anything. He said if you got 29 on the MCAT don't say you got 30. I donno what to make out of it. I almost wanna call the admissions director and tell him my situation.

5. MJB

MJB Senior Member
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    If you're overly worked up over it, I would just call the person in charge and tell them of your slip.

Not a big deal, imo.

6. HarveyCushing

7+ Year Member

I agree nothing to worry about. It isn't like your scores were no longer valid and you tried to lie about it ( I don't think you would even be allowed to apply if the scores were too old), and your slip up wasn't meant to give yourself an advantage like stating you had a higher score than you did. I wouldn't worry about it. The interviewer probably doesn't even care when you took the MCAT.

7. Computer, initiate Riker Z.Z.-Alpha.

I would be more concerned with what you scored on it, both as a student and an admissions member.

Computer, disconnect.

8. MaximusD

MaximusD Anatomically Incorrect
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Just relax... grab a beer or a wine cooler or something. I know this is a really hard time between interview and decision... but seriously, if they are grilling you that hard do you really want to go to their school? I strongly doubt they would hold your misspeak against you... I'm sure they know that you wouldn't lie about someting so benign.

Good luck and keep us posted! First and foremost, however, relax!