concerned out-of-stater for CA schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YayTeeth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am attracted to CA schools b/c of the terrific cities, landscape, weather, progressive/liberal attitude...however my #1 concern is that I'm afraid of the materialistic/superficial side of CA that I've been hearing about.

I've never actually VISITED cali, but I have definitely experienced living in an area in the US where people are not down-to-earth and are just obsessed with how they look, money, and what others think of them! It's a breath of fresh air for me to live now without that junk!

Should I be concerned about this since I'm applying to 2 cali schools? Even though I'm going to be very busy in dent school, I'd still like to have a social life and find good people to hang around!

p.s.-nothing against native CA people...I know a few great people from there...but if it comes down to choosing btwn a CA and non-CA school in the end maybe something like this will help me make the decision?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you been accepted? You can think about it once CA school accepted you.