Concert in NYC For Global Health - A Special Night of Music

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2003Applicant

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of you in or near NYC, come out for a special night of music to support Unite For Sight's sight-restoring cataract surgery programs in developing countries.

Unite For Sight (www.uniteforsight.org) will have a benefit concert featuring New York City's own Ruth Gerson at the Apple Restaurant & Bar, 17 Waverly Pl. at 9 PM. All proceeds will fund Unite For Sight's
sight-restoring cataract surgeries in African and Asian countries. Unite For Sight is a 501©3 non-profit organization that empowers communities worldwide to improve eye health and eliminate preventable
blindness. You can register at http://www.uniteforsight.org/concert_gerson.php for $8.

Since the release of her latest album, Wake to Echo, Ms. Gerson has raised over $35,000 for various charities by donating proceeds from many of her concerts. Unite For Sight is pleased to join efforts with Ruth to raise funds for eye care for children and adults in developing countries.

Gerson's latest album, Wake to Echo, was recorded with John Cale collaborator and guitarist Lance Doss, and distributed nationally via Burnside Distribution. The album features eleven songs written by Ruth
comprising a wide range of musical style.

Ruth's music has been featured on radio stations across the country. She has made live appearances around the globe at such venues as the Newport Folk Festival, New Orleans Jazz & Heritage, CMJ, SXSW, ARTSCAPE, High Sierra Music Festival, Pitea Dansar Och Ler (Sweden), The Annual Piano Festival of Israel, Sotto Le Stelle (Ferrara, Italy). Ruth has opened for other musicians such as Dave Matthews, Roger McGuinn, Suzanne Vega, Steven Wright, David Wilcox, Jonathan Brooke, Lisa Loeb and many others.

Come on out and enjoy a special night of music. Your support is much appreciated by Unite For Sight. Concert tickets can be purchased using the web form below for $8 or at the door for $10.

http://www.uniteforsight.org/concert_gerson.php

"I wish to thank Unite For Sight for the wonderful job she has done. The outpour of gratitude, by people whose sight has been restored or can now read using reading glasses, makes me find satisfaction from service to humanity. There's a woman in a cottage along the path that leads to my farm. She looked so frail that I thought ill health prevented her from going to farm. I frequently said hello. But she was blind! Yes about 90% blind! Now her sight is restored." --Clement Donkor of Humjibre, Ghana

"I see the trees and the gate to the eye centre...I see teh white gate, and I can tell you that it is open. Praise the Lord! His angels have heard my prayers and sent you to help me!" -- Lutee, Unite For Sight Cataract Patient at Buduburam Refugee Camp

Members don't see this ad.