Concise & organized book on chest x-rays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

common man

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm using The Only EKG Book You'll Ever Need to learn EKGs. I am happy with it. It is concise and well organized into chapters that linearly build up. It assumes that I know nothing about EKGs.

I need something similar for chest x-rays. I am a 4th year medical student who needs to work on chest x-rays for intern year. I just don't want to be clueless. That's my standard. Any suggestions that meet my criteria? Thank you!

Edit: in the meanwhile, I'm using this website below. But I think I'd prefer a book.

UPENN SCHOOL OF MEDICINE || CXR LEARNING WEB SITE

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of the radiology residents I’ve worked with recommended Felson's Principles of Chest Roentgenology.

Reactions: 1 user
Jeez what's there to learn? It's a 20-30 pics of common things you need to know, look at them several time and you are good to go. There's like 10 things to look at on cxr, from top to bottom and it's same routine for every cxr. people sometimes over-complicate things really. It's like if i would ask what book would you recommend for checking blood pressure? people are nuts

Reactions: 1 user