Concordia University Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zippykat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to Concordia for class of 2017? If so, have you been contacted for an interview yet? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats, when is your interview, they have not contacted me yet? Do you mind to share your stats? My PCAT score is very low so I think that's why they haven't called me yet

Members don't see this ad :)
GPA 3.75
Pre-pharm gpa 3.95
Pcat comp 76

Be sure to check your spam folder because they don't call you for an interview they email your specified pharmcas email.

GPA 3.75
Pre-pharm gpa 3.95
Pcat comp 76

Be sure to check your spam folder because they don't call you for an interview they email your specified pharmcas email.
Thanks, I did but I got nothing....:( My GPAs and my PCAT are no where close to yours....I hope I will get an interview for the next interview period...

Can anyone give me some tips for the interview? I would really appreciate it.

Does anyone coming from out-of-state? What's your interview day? Mine is Oct 19th....What hotel are you staying? May be we could stay in the same hotel? :)

Can anyone give me some tips for the interview? I would really appreciate it.

Just relax and be yourself :)
It is very laid back and everyone is super nice.
I won't say to not be nervous because everyone is usually nervous and that is normal :p

Does anyone coming from out-of-state? What's your interview day? Mine is Oct 19th....What hotel are you staying? May be we could stay in the same hotel? :)

Hey, I'm also out of state and interviewing on the 19th. I will be staying at :

La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Northwest
5442 North Lovers Ln Rd

How about you?

Hello everybody. I'm interviewing there on the 19th as well. Congratulations to everyone else who will be there. Does anyone know if this is a group interview or not? Is it open or closed file? Just want to be prepared.

The interview is blind. I believe there are two interviewers. A pharmacist and a faculty member. There's a writing sample too. I was told that they just want to get to know you so there shouldn't be any scenario questions. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
So how did everyone's interview go? I felt pretty good after the fact, but the more I think about it the more I think I stunk at the actual interview portion of the day. Anyone else have the same anxieties I do?

Also was great to me everyone. Makes me even more excited for pharmacy school that everyone is so friendly and "top notch!"

I got an interview invitation today! I still haven't schedule it yet. My pcat and gpa is really low. I thought I didn't even meet their following requirements:
Applicants to Concordia University Wisconsin School of Pharmacy (CUW-SOP) should have:

• a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
  • a composite PCAT score of 60 or greater
  • a grade of C or better in all pharmacy prerequisite coursework
Students meeting the minimum requirements may be granted an interview, but may not be competitive among the overall pool of applicants to be granted admission. Students with a solid history of high academic performance in rigorous coursework are given priority in the admission process.

SO GUYS.... IT CAN HAPPEN!!!!

I got an interview invitation today! I still haven't schedule it yet. My pcat and gpa is really low. I thought I didn't even meet their following requirements:
Applicants to Concordia University Wisconsin School of Pharmacy (CUW-SOP) should have:

• a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
  • a composite PCAT score of 60 or greater
  • a grade of C or better in all pharmacy prerequisite coursework
Students meeting the minimum requirements may be granted an interview, but may not be competitive among the overall pool of applicants to be granted admission. Students with a solid history of high academic performance in rigorous coursework are given priority in the admission process.

SO GUYS.... IT CAN HAPPEN!!!!

Congrats! Indeed it can happen! I got an email inviting me to an interview this morning but I have not scheduled a date yet. As for the minimum requirements, perhaps the reason why they offered you the interview was because of your extracurricular work =)

have you emailed or called them yet, did they respond? I got the email at 8am, and i emailed them but they haven't emailed back to schedule. =\

good luck to the both of us!

You may not receive a response today, as I know they are deciding the admission status of theirs first interview group today. (I'm hoping to get a call!)

But otherwise when I set up my interview via email I received a response within a few hours.

Good luck! And hope to see you all in the fall!:)

Congrats! Indeed it can happen! I got an email inviting me to an interview this morning but I have not scheduled a date yet. As for the minimum requirements, perhaps the reason why they offered you the interview was because of your extracurricular work =)

have you emailed or called them yet, did they respond? I got the email at 8am, and i emailed them but they haven't emailed back to schedule. =\

good luck to the both of us!

They emailed me back this morning very promptly. This is probably because I contacted them on Friday. I am scheduled for an interview on November 16th at 8am. They only do interviews on Fridays. Maybe you should try to schedule it on November 16th too. We can finally meet. hihi. Congrat on your interview!!!
Good luck to you too! I hope we all can get in :D

You may not receive a response today, as I know they are deciding the admission status of theirs first interview group today. (I'm hoping to get a call!)

But otherwise when I set up my interview via email I received a response within a few hours.

Good luck! And hope to see you all in the fall!:)

Gluck!! I hope you will hear a good news from them soon!
Do you mind sharing what was your experience at the interview? What kind of questions do they ask? Is it group or individual interview? Sorry for asking you so many questions. I'm just so nervous.

The interview goes pretty fast. You have a 30min essay, then a 30 min interview. They are individual interviews. One staff member and one community member interview you at the same time. It is a blind interview, so they don't see any of your pharmcas application info. They asked me the usual questions. Why Concordia, why pharmacy, etc. overall they just want to get to know you in person. They are all very nice.
Good luck with your interview. I'm still anxiously awaiting a phone call.....fingers crossed!

Do you mind telling me your gpa and pcat scores. I'm still finishing my undergrad degree but I will be applying to pharmacy school next year and I'm scared I'm not going to get accepted anywhere due to my low GPA.

My scores are posted earlier in this thread.

But I just missed a call from Concordia.....AHHHHHHH! I think I'm in.....left a message back to them....awaiting a call back.

I just got accepted too!! I got accepted to Rosalind Franklin also. Now I have to choose. I'm not sure yet which school I would prefer to attend.

Congratulation everyone!!! I am flying from San Diego, CA. I want to rent a car to drive around and explore the areas around the city, but I don't know how's Wisconsin's weather is like around this time of the year. I've never been to Wisconsin. I've never tried to drive on a snowy road before too. does it snow there around this time of the year (Mid-Nov)?

The interview goes pretty fast. You have a 30min essay, then a 30 min interview. They are individual interviews. One staff member and one community member interview you at the same time. It is a blind interview, so they don't see any of your pharmcas application info. They asked me the usual questions. Why Concordia, why pharmacy, etc. overall they just want to get to know you in person. They are all very nice.
Good luck with your interview. I'm still anxiously awaiting a phone call.....fingers crossed!

Thanks for replying. So if I book my flight around that afternoon (around 2PM) to go back to San Diego. Do you think it is safe? My interview is at 8AM.

Congratulation everyone!!! I am flying from San Diego, CA. I want to rent a car to drive around and explore the areas around the city, but I don't know how's Wisconsin's weather is like around this time of the year. I've never been to Wisconsin. I've never tried to drive on a snowy road before too. does it snow there around this time of the year (Mid-Nov)?
Although it wouldn't be unheard of for there to be snow on the ground, there is none right now. However be prepared for very cold and windy weather.

Yes. I think you would be safe with a 2pm flight. The interview wrapped up around 11-11:30am.

Although it wouldn't be unheard of for there to be snow on the ground, there is none right now. However be prepared for very cold and windy weather.

Ya, I heard sandy is heading toward the Lake areas though :(

Ya, I heard sandy is heading toward the Lake areas though :(

The extra weather from Sandy is long gone. I live in Milwaukee. The weather is chill and slightly windy, but very normal. As for snow...it could happen. In WI you can experience the weather of all four seasons in one day. Hot, cold, rain, snow.

The extra weather from Sandy is long gone. I live in Milwaukee. The weather is chill and slightly windy, but very normal. As for snow...it could happen. In WI you can experience the weather of all four seasons in one day. Hot, cold, rain, snow.

Nice!!!! I kinda wish to see snow though. I know I do sound weird lol but I've never had an experience of seeing snow falling LOL I only see old snow on the ground lol I've lived in San Diego all my life. It is literally sunshine all year round >.< pretty boring. no 4 seasons.

Received my welcome packet in the mail! YES! Paperwork and deposit sent. See you all next fall!!!! I'm so excited! I can't wait!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

congratulation!!!!! I wish you the best =)

Received my welcome packet in the mail! YES! Paperwork and deposit sent. See you all next fall!!!! I'm so excited! I can't wait!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Congrats zippykat!!!
I got an interview Nov. 16th!

Good luck on Friday! I hope you like the school. I really liked it and have also sent in my paperwork and seat deposit.

That's fantastic! Congrats on getting in! I am actually on the plane right now heading to Wisconsin. Ahh I'm so nervous but excited To check out the school!

I'm actually most nervous about the essay question that they are going to ask of us...do you know if the questions are different, or do you remember what yours was?

I'm a horrible writer under pressure... so I'm a bit stressed about that

Thank you so much for your help!

That's fantastic! Congrats on getting in! I am actually on the plane right now heading to Wisconsin. Ahh I'm so nervous but excited To check out the school!

I'm actually most nervous about the essay question that they are going to ask of us...do you know if the questions are different, or do you remember what yours was?

I'm a horrible writer under pressure... so I'm a bit stressed about that

Thank you so much for your help!

The essay is super easy. No hypothetical scenarios. They just asked why Concordia, why pharmacy school, and if you have any weak points in your application a spot to explain them. So don't worry.

For people who interviewed in November: are we supposed to get a call today or next monday if we got in!?

Reactions: 1 user
My interview was on Nov. 16th. No answer from the school yet. I assume it will be sometimes by the end of this month or early Dec.

thanks for the response. hopefully it comes soon!

NP! Let me know when you get to hear something from the school too :) I wish you the best luck!

Hi guys!!! I just received a phone call from erica. Just now!!!!! I got acceptedd!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!! Christmas present arrives early this yr ;)

Congrats! I got my acceptance call yesterday too. :)

CONGRAT TO YOU ALL! AND THANK YOU THANK YOU =) SEE YOU ALL SOON! Hopefully I'll hear more good news from you guys :D

Hey guys, I just get interview invitation from Concordant, but I did not do any supl. application, the only thing I did was the pharmCas appl. so, my question is, Does concordant has supl. application ?

Concordia does not have a supplemental application, however they do have a writing sample collected during the interview date that consists of the typical supplemental app questions. Nothing to worry about, very basic. Good luck!

Anyone knows if it is too late to apply now?!