Sep 8, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I received an e-mail the other day from Certiphi asking for consent and a fee to perform the same background check that they performed a couple of months ago for a different school. Only this time, I don't know what school it is, if there is any. And I really don't feel like paying again for the same background check.

The following is the first paragraph in the e-mail:
"You have received this email because you have been conditionally accepted by one or more of the schools participating in the ADEA-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants. Please note that the requesting school will be notified if consent is not provided, and that failure to provide consent may result in failing to meet the requesting school`s admissions requirements."

Can someone tell me if they've gotten a similar e-mail in the past and confirm the legitimacy of this. Also, what schools do this? I kind of have an idea, as it has to be one of the schools I interviewed at, but don't know for sure.

Kouneko

2+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
You probably just got accepted or got off the waitlist at one of the schools you interviewed at.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.