?? Conferences&NSF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RainbowTVP

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone attending any conferences this year?

I'll be at APS (and maybe APA, EPA, and CUR posters on the hill).

Does anyone know if the Psi Chi poster sessions are competitive? My poster was "accepted" to APS student presentation session, but I wonder if everyone is "accepted" just as a way to get people to attend (kinda like poetry.com or who's who among american hs students)?!? Or should I feel honored?

Also- anyone apply for NSF Grad Reasearch Fellowship?

Tara P

Members don't see this ad.

I'm planning to go to APS this year, submissions aren't due until January 31st so I still have some time. I don't know if all student submissions are accepted but it seems likely - the challenge is in having research ready to present, I suppose.

NSF application is in, now over 2 more months to wait. Anyone have any insight into the selection process?

I thought that clinical students weren't eligible for NSF. Is that not true?

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
joetro said:
I thought that clinical students weren't eligible for NSF. Is that not true?

Good luck.

NSF doesn't fund clinical or counseling psychology graduate programs, or anything having to do with mental illness.

positivepsych said:
NSF doesn't fund clinical or counseling psychology graduate programs, or anything having to do with mental illness.

I may be mistaken, but don't they have funding opportunities for undergrads (students who have not yet indentified as clinical, developmental, social, or the like)?

i should be at the APA in August

My understanding was that clinical was okay if it was a research oriented program.

Tara P

I'm presenting a poster at INS this February.

RainbowTVP said:
My understanding was that clinical was okay if it was a research oriented program.

Tara P

Yes, you can get an NSF fellowship if you're in a clinical program (successful recipient here). You just have to tailor your research proposal to make it very clear that your research has basic science implications (e.g. can't be focused exclusively on psychopathology or treatment).

Just notified last week that my poster submission was accepted, yay! Hope to see some other folks in NYC in May, then.

Anyone else going to CNS in San Fransisco in April?