This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

was your specialty decision influenced by compensation? (anonymous poll)

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cash_lamborghini

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to come out of the closet and finally admit that I am "in it for the money". It has always been about the money. I am not going to pretend to worship a holy book like you sanctimonious doctors that say its "not about the money" You are total hypocrites! Do you want to know why the United States has a universal shortage of pediatricians while every other country doesn't? Well NEWSFLASH buddy, it turns out doctors aren't as humanitarian as they claim to be. Doctors in the US literally do not care about children and are just in it for the money. Why else would a radiologist choose to work in a bat cave opposed to actually doing something meaningful like saving a child? More proof that doctors are in it for the money is the fact that NEARLY 50% of doctors are dissatisfied with their jobs.

I am literally laughing at the drained out students at my medical school who are plummeting in debt while I swim in gold. I drive part-time UBER LUX in my lambo making 200 bucks an hour while simultaneously paying off 100% of my medical school tuition. Not to mention the fact that I'm swimming in p***y.

Call me smart, call me greedy, but one thing is certain: you are undeniably in it for the money

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to come out of the closet and finally admit that I am "in it for the money". It has always been about the money. I am not going to pretend to worship a holy book like you sanctimonious doctors that say its "not about the money" You are total hypocrites! Do you want to know why the United States has a universal shortage of pediatricians while every other country doesn't? Well NEWSFLASH buddy, it turns out doctors aren't as humanitarian as they claim to be. Doctors in the US literally do not care about children and are just in it for the money. Why else would a radiologist choose to work in a bat cave opposed to actually doing something meaningful like saving a child? More proof that doctors are in it for the money is the fact that NEARLY 50% of doctors are dissatisfied with their jobs.

I am literally laughing at the drained out students at my medical school who are plummeting in debt while I swim in gold. I drive part-time UBER LUX in my lambo making 200 bucks an hour while simultaneously paying off 100% of my medical school tuition. Not to mention the fact that I'm swimming in p***y.

Call me smart, call me greedy, but one thing is certain: you are undeniably in it for the money
Nope. I can assure you this is not the case for me, at least. This sounds like a miserable attempt to justify your own greed. Next.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll pick the bat cave over kids who can't tell you what's wrong, dealing with parents freaking out or who don't know if their kid has had surgery or not.

Dude im all in BABY!
Make america great again!
Im all in for the money as well!

Unfortunately your 2 hundo per hr pales in comparison to the $$ ED guys are making bro.

Not to mention he anesthesia broskis in their forum talking about making 400-450k out of residency with no fellowship and then 600k with 3yr partnership.

And then there are the surgeons and surgical subspecialties.

Im all for money and more money. Just tell me how to make it in this field?

Last edited:
Man I sure do miss clinical medicine.

The 5 AM mornings on surgery

The wonderful smells of alcoholics and diabetic feet

The constant gratification of giving patients their dilaudid fix.

Watching innocent children with terminal illnesses slowly die while watching experimental treatments fail miserably at everything but further tortuting a kid.

The main draw of radiology is all of the intellectually stimulating aspects of medicine while avoiding the depressing reality of why clinical medicine truly is. The benefit of above average salary is so so far below this.

Reactions: 3 users

Watching innocent children with terminal illnesses slowly die while watching experimental treatments fail miserably at everything but further tortuting a kid.

The main draw of radiology is all of the intellectually stimulating aspects of medicine while avoiding the depressing reality of why clinical medicine truly is. The benefit of above average salary is so so far below this.

Yep, With plenty of patient interaction....

IR: Y90/embolization clinic and Floor patients
Mammo: Biopsies
Body imaging and Peds: Flouro
Neuro/MSK: Procedures

My hospital is one of those "Patient and family centered care" institutions. You know who one of the leaders of this initiative is... both in the hospital and the ACR? The chair of my department. A radiologist. What a shocker!

So much for working in a bat cave.

Go troll the pathology forum.

And the guys that have to deal with those aspects are compensated very well for it.
While we in radiology spend 6yrs in residency without any compensation to show for it.

Thanks for your brutal honesty. But wait, what money again?

And the guys that have to deal with those aspects are compensated very well for it.
While we in radiology spend 6yrs in residency without any compensation to show for it.

Please stop trolling. Gen surg/FM/IM/Peds is paid more than radiology? Just stop.

Please stop trolling. Gen surg/FM/IM/Peds is paid more than radiology? Just stop.

General surgery 5yrs: plenty of jobs, can go almost anywhere, compensation similar to rads
Radiology 5yrs: nope, no jobs for you

General Surgery 5yrs + few yrs of fellowship: the world is your oyster, plenty of jobs with high compensation
Radiology 5yrs + fellowship: ok, we'll hire you now....in nebraska

FM/IM(without subspecialization of course)/Peds: 3 YEARS to graduate
Radiology: 6 YEARS to graduate

IM with fellowship: you get the idea

General surgery 5yrs: plenty of jobs, can go almost anywhere, compensation similar to rads
Radiology 5yrs: nope, no jobs for you

General Surgery 5yrs + few yrs of fellowship: the world is your oyster, plenty of jobs with high compensation
Radiology 5yrs + fellowship: ok, we'll hire you now....in nebraska

FM/IM(without subspecialization of course)/Peds: 3 YEARS to graduate
Radiology: 6 YEARS to graduate

IM with fellowship: you get the idea

Alright, I won't feed the troll. Mods?

Nearly all objective available data contradicts what you're saying.. But OK, a few med students/attendings posting on SDN are definitely more accurate than rigorously done professional association surveys and publicly available academic compensation data. Please go into EM if its so great!

Status
Not open for further replies.