Confirmation Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentek2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Have any of you who applied recieved cofirmation letters for the Reciept of application from Boston?I was just wondering if they will let us know whether they are processing our application or not.Is there a way to find out the status of our application via their website or something?[

Members don't see this ad.

hi dentek2,
yes u will receive a letter stating that,they received ur application.

hi!
Yes you will receive a letter that we received your application & we will call you for interview between oct. to April.

I have question, like i applied in tufts, & they never send me conformation that we received your application or your application is complete. I calledthem up to findout they r telling me since last month that your application is under review. I am really confuse what they r going to do with my application wether they will call me or there must be something missing in my file. But i ask so 2 to 3 time they r not replying me anything. I don't know now what to accepct from tufts. Advice needed....................

thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys,
Today i called BU to confirm if they received my online and by post application material.
The lady told me they havnt downloaded the online applications yet.
Anyone of you facing the same problem about confirmation in BU?
best of luck
pooja

Thanks a lot for the reply.
I called BU for confirmation and they replied they got my application packet.I don't know whether they meant the documents I sent by post or the online application .How silly of me not to ask specifically. wonder if they will answer if I call again,don't want to pester them by keeping on calling.maybe I will wait for the letter.
1 more question,Did you all get the letter with in a week after applying or did it take long?

Thanks in advance

great 94089 ,I don't know anything aout tufts,sorry:(

hey,
I didnt get a letter.I guess that would take some while.
Did u ask them about toefl and ECE report too?How would they sync all these documents together?
When did u submit your online application.I did it last week.
best of luck
pooja

I too filed last week,didn't ask whether they recieved my score reports too.Maybe I will call again next monday when my brain cells are in order and get all the Info.[hope they will forget my last call by then] .I mean it was silly of me not to confirm everything when I called:confused:
I sent the sealed ECE report with my other documents as they suggested.

allright.. lets call BU office on monday n see if they received everything...
its safe to get them check our files
best of luck
pooja

Yes, let us do that.As you said ,it is better to be sure than being in the dark:)
take care

hi guys,
do you know anything about UCSF and UOP..will they be sending us acknowledgements??or do we need to call them up?
mili

hi everybody ,
I applied online on august 8 , and they sent me the int on sep 16, one week before that they sent a letter saying they processed the application...and from the website u can see if its processed...and they started processing all applications starting frm sep 1 st.

https :// dentalschool.bu.edu/as
notice the letter "s " after http......write ur username and password ....I hope that helps

now I have a question who knows enough to compare between tufts and boston ?? Honestly I could not decide to attend the intv ..and it s approaching ..a week is left..I neither accepted nor declined the int .. any suggestion ...

hi! bleach

you got invitation from which uni. Boston or tufts? or both?and did tufts uni. send you the conformation letter that we received your application. i have applied in both uni. but no response ........I think tufts is cheaper then bu, otherwise program is good in both colleges. & if you have chance to go to both uni. for interview then go for it then decided what you want to choose.hey can you share your scores part I , II toefl & GPA.

thanks.
bye.

Unfortunatly I do not have the choice to apply to Tuffts since I only scored 85 in part-1,but I would like to share my knowledge with you (although I understand that most of you allready know what I am gonna say).

I had friends at both AS programs at BU+Tuffts and here are the advantages of Tuffts as I understood:

1-Cheapper in all aspects;tuitions,fees,living expences.....etc.
2-Tuffts is ranked far away in a more advanced position than BU.
3-Less candidates are accepted=smaller class size.
4-Tuffts is concidered a HIGHLY prestegious school.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is for all those who applied to BU and are waiting for a confirmation letter about acceptance of application form both online and by post.
I called BU office today and the person incharge of international students would be back on wednesday some time .

Please reply if anyone has received a confirmation letter.
thanks n all the best
pooja

hi
i realy have a problem with my pittsburg application,i got a letter from them stating my toefl didnt reach,but i did get a letter from toefl that my scores were sent.i called pittsburg to explain and ask them if they finally got my toefl and she told me there is no way tehy acn ever check that for me:confused: but not wanting to take any chance i sent my toefl score once again,i just want to know if anyone faced a similar proba nd how tehy handled it,also how on earth can u get the staus of ur pittsburg application

hi, I got the confirmation letter from BU that they received my application and they will call me for interview between otober to april. Does that mean they received all my official score reports- TOEFL, ECE and NDB? or should I confirm it by calling them?

If they say they would call you for an interview;means you are all set!!
But there is no harm in calling them and make sure.
Could you tell me when did u submit the application?
best of luck ..
pooja

Thanx Pooja. I sent my application on 20th August and received my confirmation letter last week.
miloni

Yeah one more thing, NYU sent me a letter stating that they want my NDB official report to complete my application. I have already asked NDB joint commission to send my report to these universities I mean to BU and NYU.
But in my confirmation letter from BU they didnt tell me that they didnt get it and NYU specifically told about that. so I am worried that if BU gets those official reports or not.

I called BU again today morning.This is how it works..They download online application and make a separate file for each student.
If any document is missing ,they contact the applicant through mail or phone no.
Finally they call in for interviews if everything is o.k.
I too got a call from NYU asking for a missing document while BU didnt even mention about it.
I think all schools have somewhat different approach about documents needed.
If you are in doubt its better to call them.
best of luck
pooja

Thanx a lot. I also think to call BU just for confirmation.

hey I also think its a great idea and I also wanted to correct that I applied to BU on 20th september not august.

This is for poojagulaya
Hi,
I couldn't call BU on wednesday but when I called yestday they told me they can give info on adv standing applications only on wednesdays.so I still didn't get any confirmation abt the documents I sent.guess ,will have to wait till next week!
Will you post here if you get your confirmation letter before then?I am asking you becoz we both filed the online application,at the same time:) and it seems smi who filed on sept 20th got hers last week.then I guess we should get ours soon.but I didn't get one.a little worried about that......:(
Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend......

hey,
I will definately post a reply as soon as I get my confirmation letter from BU.
Dont worry u would get it soon.
Otherwise try calling the office again on monday.
All the best n have a nice weekend!!
pooja

Could the people on this thread PLEASE cooperate with the 2004 Advanced Standing Applications thread, just post your stats. It's so all of us can get a wider view of fast or slow are the AdComs working. Thanks.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/sho...;threadid=85118

Thanks, :D

hi all..

I m a new member of sdn. I got a letter from bu yesterday and it shows that they received my application and if i'll selected they'll call me btw oct - april. I got confused abt it.. but aft looking at this site i think everyone get this letter from bu. Now my que. is when u'll get interview call aft receiving this letter?

Is anybody from cincinnati?

c u all..:)

hi ,
i also got the same letter from BU ,and i called them up and talked to one of the person regarding the interview and he told me the interview date on phone and said that will be mailing the letters soon.u guys can also call and confirm the status!!!!:)

hey ,
I recieved the same letter from BU too ,on25 th oct ,i had filed my application on 6 th oct.
I was a little confused , I called them up and they said it is a general letter for everyone (informative) irrrespective of your scores...
so guess got to wait for their interview call....
btw I got a reject from ucla :( .. , donna wat they are looking for ...
anybody who has their interview on dec 3rd at UPEN?

ciao,
vids