Conflict of interest?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gunter

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those working for walgreens, i know it would be a conflict of interest if you’re working at another retail setting. But, would it be a conflict of interest to also work at cvs long term care facilities like omnicare? I don’t see how it could be, but making sure

Members don't see this ad.

When I started at PharMerica my supervisor at CSV said it would be a conflict to stay on at CVS PRN. While I was 100% certain she was wrong (this was before Walgreens or CVS were even in the LTC sector) I am just sharing my experience to answer your question.

Good luck!

I worked as an intern at Walgreens and tried to apply at CVS. CVS told me if it's not retail but LTC then it's not conflict of interest.

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s not a conflict if you don’t tell anyone.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s not a conflict if you don’t tell anyone.
Haha, pharmacy is a small world. how long can you hide it? Thnx CaNvWa for clearing things up, then again, don't see why CVS would bother to interview me if there is a conflict. lol

Haha, pharmacy is a small world. how long can you hide it? Thnx CaNvWa for clearing things up, then again, don't see why CVS would bother to interview me if there is a conflict. lol
Yes and no. If you had a real conflict word would get around. Hospital pharmacists don’t talk to retailers as much as they do other hospitals.

in my early years i worked for an SAT prep company and when my boss found out i was also working as a 1-on-1 tutor for some other company she mentioned that was a conflict of interest. sorta related. i just pretended i never heard her.

For anyone else reading this as it relates to them, note that it is employer specific, subject to the constraints (if any) of state laws. You may have also signed a non-compete, which is different but similar, and not enforceable in certain states regardless of where it was signed. It gets complicated.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user