Conflict of Interest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

szymk1sm

Board Certified Neuropsychologist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

A question for those who publish research:

We were chosen as a site for a multi-center clinical drug trial. The pharmaceutical company paid for travel and accommodations to attend a meeting/workshop/training for all of the study personnel across all of the sites. Ultimately, a contract was not signed btwn our site and the pharm company, so we are no longer involved in the study. We never recruited any subjects, just went to the meeting, and the only "payment" we ever received was the travel and accommodations.

So is this necessary to report on the Conflict of Interest statement? If so, what is it considered...honoraria??

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely consult with your University/Hospital System about this because they may have their own interpretation of how they classify travel expenses for this. I actually just 're-newed' my CoI application yesterday...but for the life of me I can't remember the wording of how my employer classified travel reimbursement for non-Uni & for-profit entities.

Definitely consult with your University/Hospital System about this because they may have their own interpretation of how they classify travel expenses for this. I actually just 're-newed' my CoI application yesterday...but for the life of me I can't remember the wording of how my employer classified travel reimbursement for non-Uni & for-profit entities.

:thumbup: :thumbup: