Confused about ERAS and urology timing

Started by wickwick
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wickwick

Silent Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm really confused about application timing and ERAS. I thought ERAS didn't allow submissions until September 15, but on other threads I've seen September 2 quoted as the start of the submission process. There's a number of programs that state September 15 as the deadline for applying, which seems weird if that's the first day ERAS opens.

Can any one clarify?
 
you should go to the ERAS website and look. You're an adult. You can handle this with a simple google search.
 
Thanks for the help. I have in fact looked all over the ERAS website and the AUA website and SDN and urologymatch.

The AUA website says nothing, as all programs have their own deadlines, some which are before/on Sept 15. ERAS says applications go live on Sept 15. Elsewhere in this forum Sept 2 has been quoted as the day, but I can find no other evidence of this date and was trying to makes sure that I wasn't missing something important.

I would appreciate any additional insight.
 
If ERAS allows you to submit on or after Sept 15, then that is the date. It doesn't matter what the AUA says or what program websites say.

I promise you 100% that if a program says our submission deadline is sept 2 and ERAS doesnt open until sept 15, the program will change its deadline. 100% no question. Remember, everyone is in the same boat. No one can submit until that date.