confused about Program Code(s)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flumazenil

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am interested in PM&R for the 2009 match and was wondering if anyone can shed some light regarding the program code. for example the PM&R residency at Univ washington has 2 program codes
Yes Code(s): 1918340A0, 1918340C0

my question is why are there two codes? many programs have this type of ordeal and i am confused as to why one code isnt used

Members don't see this ad.

The 1st one has an "A" near the end signifying an advanced spot (ie starts at PGY-2 and you find your own internship).

The 2nd one has a "C" for categorical (starting at PGY-1 and includes a connected internship)

You can apply for and eventually rank one or both of them.

I'm not sure if by applying to both ERAS will count it as applying to 2 separate programs (ie towards the total included # you get before needing to pay extra $)

Taus, thanks for the answer- i realized that as soon as i posted it. It is kind of annoying how some programs are both advanced and categorical because it makes the matching process more compllicated..anyhow thanks once again

Members don't see this ad :)
be careful with the codes, last year there were some errors, I know Kessler was listed as categorical for a while and then finally it changed some time into the season to advanced. keep an eye on this stuff and contact programs that you think might have the wrong info listed.

J

thanks for the useful information! did you match in to PM&R ?

yup, Mayo Clinic. i still have to post my review of the programs i interviewed at.