Confused and a bit scared. 1 Interview, 1 rejection, 11 schools.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigboikhoa

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know that this is all a waiting game and we gotta be patient... but seeing all these people getting 5+ interviews at this point is insane. I'm really happy for all the people getting tons of interviews thus far, but it makes me wonder if I did something wrong. My stats are pretty good and my ECs are very well rounded. I believe I have pretty strong letters and my Personal Statement was well received by everyone who read it.

Schools: UCLA, UCSF, UoP, USC, WesternU, Maryland, Tufts, Pittsburgh, Temple, Michigan, Rutgers
Interviews: USC
Rejection: UCSF

sGPA/ oGPA: 3.9/3.87
DAT: 24 AA/ 24TS/ 22 PAT
Shadowing: 100 hours at the time of submission, should be around 130 by now.
Volunteer: 300 hours of hospital volunteering
Research: 500 hours clinical research
ECs: Nutrition/Health club(80+hours) , Club sports (600+ hours)

Members don't see this ad.

#1 Your stats are better than most of the posters on this forum. I have no doubt you'll get in.
#2 Comparison is the thief of joy. You never know how admissions receives an application or what they are looking for that specific day so comparing yourself to other people is pointless.
#3 You applied to CA schools and those get tons of applicants. Don't underestimate the desire of Californians to stay in cali. I'm sure you'll here back from them but they have a ton of apps to review.
#4 When did you apply? That plays a large role in the process.

Reactions: 1 user
#1 Your stats are better than most of the posters on this forum. I have no doubt you'll get in.
#2 Comparison is the thief of joy. You never know how admissions receives an application or what they are looking for that specific day so comparing yourself to other people is pointless.
#3 You applied to CA schools and those get tons of applicants. Don't underestimate the desire of Californians to stay in cali. I'm sure you'll here back from them but they have a ton of apps to review.
You only need one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I know that this is all a waiting game and we gotta be patient... but seeing all these people getting 5+ interviews at this point is insane. I'm really happy for all the people getting tons of interviews thus far, but it makes me wonder if I did something wrong. My stats are pretty good and my ECs are very well rounded. I believe I have pretty strong letters and my Personal Statement was well received by everyone who read it.

Schools: UCLA, UCSF, UoP, USC, WesternU, Maryland, Tufts, Pittsburgh, Temple, Michigan, Rutgers

Have you attended your interview yet and did it go well (if you've had it)? If so, hold onto that and feel positive.

I got a denial this week from Loma Linda and even though I pretty much expected it, it hurt like hell. Now I'm nervous when I even see I have an email :nailbiting:

Your stats are awesome! I'd say just sit tight and more interviews are coming your way.

Last edited:

When did you apply?
Is the hospital volunteering the only volunteer experience on your app?

Where did you get the interview? Have you attended it yet and did it go well (if you've had it)?

Where were you rejected?

I got a denial this week from Loma Linda and even though I pretty much expected it, it hurt like hell. Now I'm nervous when I even see I have an email :nailbiting:

Your stats are awesome! I'd say just sit tight and more interviews are coming your way.

bro they wrote on this thread where

Hey! My application was complete and under review starting 8/17 for most schools.

When did you apply?
Is the hospital volunteering the only volunteer experience on your app?
My application was under review 8/17. I submitted early july, but my DAT was taken 7/30.
I had about 250 volunteer hours at a hospital, 50 hours at a cataract center (just for the experience), and the 80 hours of nutrition club was volunteering as well.

Just wait it out man, with that app you're gonna get in so hard !
Don't stress over the UCSF rejection, a quick scroll through the interview thread will show you how completely insane they are by rejecting a bunch of ridiculously top applicants !

I would have applied to some of the private schools that are more welcome to OOS (Midwestern, NYU, Nova etc.) but I think you'll just have to wait things out.