Confused... How do schools email you if your application hasn't been mailed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hellofuturedentists

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to AADSAS:
-My GPA hasn't been verified
-my committee letter has not been uploaded
-my official DAT score has not uploaded (I took it a couple weeks ago)
-mailing status says "not mailed" (I submitted July 2)

So pretty much nothing is in except my transcripts, but I still got an email asking for $$ from a school I applied to. How?...

Any insight is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe some schools are notified when an applicant e-submits to their school, and it is likely an automated email asking for secondary fees.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even though it says "not mailed", schools will still receive notification that you applied and like the previous poster said, they likely have an automated system that asks for secondary fees to move the process along faster. If you've submitted, I'd say go ahead and start filling out the secondaries to save yourself some time later.

Even though it says "not mailed", schools will still receive notification that you applied and like the previous poster said, they likely have an automated system that asks for secondary fees to move the process along faster. If you've submitted, I'd say go ahead and start filling out the secondaries to save yourself some time later.
Thanks for clearing it up! I just didn't know they would know I applied before my application got sent out.

Thanks for clearing it up! I just didn't know they would know I applied before my application got sent out.

No worries! It can defs get confusing! There isn't technically a "sent out" feature... previous SDNers have pointed out that since everything is done electronically, schools can basically access your application online once you've e-submitted. Just like you fill out/submit and can access your app online, they have their own login which they use to access all the apps designated for their school. There's no physical mailing out anymore.. and thankfully so because that is vastly outdated and seems unreliable lol

No worries! It can defs get confusing! There isn't technically a "sent out" feature... previous SDNers have pointed out that since everything is done electronically, schools can basically access your application online once you've e-submitted. Just like you fill out/submit and can access your app online, they have their own login which they use to access all the apps designated for their school. There's no physical mailing out anymore.. and thankfully so because that is vastly outdated and seems unreliable lol
That makes sense. Well hopefully my letters will make it before they decide to review me haha.
Thanks again for your help!