confused with bio requirements by most SMS schools

Started by michinso9
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

michinso9

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I am a sophomore pre-med student in an ivy league school. ( not to boast but wondering if it has any effects on my application)

my school broke down the traditional gen.bio class into many types of semester long bio classes; pre-med students were advised ( not required) to take two specific courses from 5 bio classes.

as of now, my gpa is 2.7, completed gen.chem with B-/C+, Orgo with C, and first part of pre-med bio with D.

I know I have no hope applying med school with those grade, so I 've been looking into SMS programs and was not sure with their requirments.

In my major, i'm required to take Plant Biology, which is not a pre-med bio ( in my university at least) but an approved life-science bio class.

Does any body know if it has to be those pre-med required bio program to be accredited to apply for SMS?
In my junior year, I will be taking other upper-level bio classes so would it cover the bio requirements?

And also, do science GPA includes only the pre-med req science class grades or all other science classes that were taken?

is there any difference between submitting GRE and MCAT score?
which score is favored?

I would appreciate any advices. Thank you