confused with bio requirements by most SMS schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

michinso9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a sophomore pre-med student in an ivy league school. ( not to boast but wondering if it has any effects on my application)

my school broke down the traditional gen.bio class into many types of semester long bio classes; pre-med students were advised ( not required) to take two specific courses from 5 bio classes.

as of now, my gpa is 2.7, completed gen.chem with B-/C+, Orgo with C, and first part of pre-med bio with D.

I know I have no hope applying med school with those grade, so I 've been looking into SMS programs and was not sure with their requirments.

In my major, i'm required to take Plant Biology, which is not a pre-med bio ( in my university at least) but an approved life-science bio class.

Does any body know if it has to be those pre-med required bio program to be accredited to apply for SMS?
In my junior year, I will be taking other upper-level bio classes so would it cover the bio requirements?

And also, do science GPA includes only the pre-med req science class grades or all other science classes that were taken?

is there any difference between submitting GRE and MCAT score?
which score is favored?

I would appreciate any advices. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.