Confusion regarding fellowship apps and ERAS

Started by rgerwin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rgerwin

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, a bunch of the child programs I am applying just started using ERAS this year, and I'm not sure if they have updated their websites. They still have hard copies there, with documents that aren't on eras like verfication training forms. I'm super confused as to how to handle this. Thoughts?
 
So, a bunch of the child programs I am applying just started using ERAS this year, and I'm not sure if they have updated their websites. They still have hard copies there, with documents that aren't on eras like verfication training forms. I'm super confused as to how to handle this. Thoughts?

Since my wife went through this last year I think I can help. There is a standard application but the programs themselves are not obligated to use it. So you need to check the website or with the program coordinator to see what is required for the app for each program. It's a huge pain and I would recommend creating a spreadsheet to track what each program requires and what you have sent/need to send.

ERAS is just used to rank the programs and submit your ROL, if I remember correctly. Though maybe you can send a few things through it (this part is fuzzy) you're still going to need to send stuff to programs individually.

She applied to 12 different places. Which in retrospect was too many but she wasn't sure what she was looking for exactly. It was a pain keeping track of what was needed for all 12 places but we tag teamed it and that helped.