CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CLASS OF 2019 OR 2018 DEPENDING ON YOUR PROGRAM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Switheart19Rx

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just taking a minute out of my now really crazy schedule to CONGRATULATE all of us who made it in to the program this year. As most of us have already started our respective programs. I am sure you all are as overwhelmed and freaked out like my self with the amount of work. BUT just remember to breath and tell yourself every morning that you can do it. GOOD JOB EVERYONE lets do this:highfive::claps:
 
I don't want to rain on your parade, but I don't think pharmacy is worth it anymore. The amount of schools opening up, the influx of new candidates and the greed of schools, knowing full well they can make kids jump through hoops because of how many people apply, I wouldn't be surprised if they made it 7-8 years.

Pharmacy is turning into Law. Lawyers were once so highly regarded, they made $$$$$, and a 7 year program guaranteed you a job and prestige. Being known as a J.D. was such a high honor.

Pharmacy was VERY highly regarded 10-15 years ago. It was such an honor, etc. etc. they made $$$$$$. We still make bank, but it's slowly but surely getting worse.

Because of how many lawyers out there, law firms ABUSE lawyers now. They always did to an extent, but it's getting insane now. 72 hour weeks, and if you say you don't wanna do that, its all well and good but you're ruining your career. Now look at pharmacy. Metrics galore. Chains abuse RPHS because they can.

It's sad.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't want to rain on your parade, but I don't think pharmacy is worth it anymore. The amount of schools opening up, the influx of new candidates and the greed of schools, knowing full well they can make kids jump through hoops because of how many people apply, I wouldn't be surprised if they made it 7-8 years.

Pharmacy is turning into Law. Lawyers were once so highly regarded, they made $$$$$, and a 7 year program guaranteed you a job and prestige. Being known as a J.D. was such a high honor.

Pharmacy was VERY highly regarded 10-15 years ago. It was such an honor, etc. etc. they made $$$$$$. We still make bank, but it's slowly but surely getting worse.

Because of how many lawyers out there, law firms ABUSE lawyers now. They always did to an extent, but it's getting insane now. 72 hour weeks, and if you say you don't wanna do that, its all well and good but you're ruining your career. Now look at pharmacy. Metrics galore. Chains abuse RPHS because they can.

It's sad.

You are so cool, I hope I can be like you when I grow up.
 
Congrats to you! If you work hard and network well you will always be able to find work (even if you have work in the salt mines of residency/CVS for awhile). Good luck!
 
I don't want to rain on your parade, but I don't think pharmacy is worth it anymore. The amount of schools opening up, the influx of new candidates and the greed of schools, knowing full well they can make kids jump through hoops because of how many people apply, I wouldn't be surprised if they made it 7-8 years.

Pharmacy is turning into Law. Lawyers were once so highly regarded, they made $$$$$, and a 7 year program guaranteed you a job and prestige. Being known as a J.D. was such a high honor.

Pharmacy was VERY highly regarded 10-15 years ago. It was such an honor, etc. etc. they made $$$$$$. We still make bank, but it's slowly but surely getting worse.

Because of how many lawyers out there, law firms ABUSE lawyers now. They always did to an extent, but it's getting insane now. 72 hour weeks, and if you say you don't wanna do that, its all well and good but you're ruining your career. Now look at pharmacy. Metrics galore. Chains abuse RPHS because they can.

It's sad.

Are you applying to medical school soon?
 
I don't want to rain on your parade, but I don't think pharmacy is worth it anymore. The amount of schools opening up, the influx of new candidates and the greed of schools, knowing full well they can make kids jump through hoops because of how many people apply, I wouldn't be surprised if they made it 7-8 years.

Pharmacy is turning into Law. Lawyers were once so highly regarded, they made $$$$$, and a 7 year program guaranteed you a job and prestige. Being known as a J.D. was such a high honor.

Pharmacy was VERY highly regarded 10-15 years ago. It was such an honor, etc. etc. they made $$$$$$. We still make bank, but it's slowly but surely getting worse.

Because of how many lawyers out there, law firms ABUSE lawyers now. They always did to an extent, but it's getting insane now. 72 hour weeks, and if you say you don't wanna do that, its all well and good but you're ruining your career. Now look at pharmacy. Metrics galore. Chains abuse RPHS because they can.

It's sad.

All you have to do is follow WeCare. It's there to help you. Not rocket science. I'v turned around dozens of problem stores and have taken them to the top by following WeCare. Metrics are there to help you.
 
I don't want to rain on your parade, but I don't think pharmacy is worth it anymore. The amount of schools opening up, the influx of new candidates and the greed of schools, knowing full well they can make kids jump through hoops because of how many people apply, I wouldn't be surprised if they made it 7-8 years.

Pharmacy is turning into Law. Lawyers were once so highly regarded, they made $$$$$, and a 7 year program guaranteed you a job and prestige. Being known as a J.D. was such a high honor.

Pharmacy was VERY highly regarded 10-15 years ago. It was such an honor, etc. etc. they made $$$$$$. We still make bank, but it's slowly but surely getting worse.

Because of how many lawyers out there, law firms ABUSE lawyers now. They always did to an extent, but it's getting insane now. 72 hour weeks, and if you say you don't wanna do that, its all well and good but you're ruining your career. Now look at pharmacy. Metrics galore. Chains abuse RPHS because they can.

It's sad.

I heard back in the day you aggressively fought for and defended CVS. What happened?
 
A year from now he is going to do a 180, just like rxnupe. What did she do? She got the hell out of CVS and she was honest about it.

With CVS, either you move up or you don't. If they have not bumped you up to DM, they never will. You are just a good work horse. You do what they tell you. You don't question them. You keep their metrics high. But as you get older and as it cost more to pay you, they will look for younger, more eager work horses to toe the company's line and to string along.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A year from now he is going to do a 180, just like rxnupe. What did she do? She got the hell out of CVS and she was honest about it.

With CVS, either you move up or you don't. If they have not bumped you up to DM, they never will. You are just a good work horse. You do what they tell you. You don't question them. You keep their metrics high. But as you get older and as it cost more to pay you, they will look for younger, more eager work horses to toe the company's line and to string along.

Rxnupe is a she? I though he was a dude...
 
I don't want to rain on your parade, but I don't think pharmacy is worth it anymore. The amount of schools opening up, the influx of new candidates and the greed of schools, knowing full well they can make kids jump through hoops because of how many people apply, I wouldn't be surprised if they made it 7-8 years.

Pharmacy is turning into Law. Lawyers were once so highly regarded, they made $$$$$, and a 7 year program guaranteed you a job and prestige. Being known as a J.D. was such a high honor.

Pharmacy was VERY highly regarded 10-15 years ago. It was such an honor, etc. etc. they made $$$$$$. We still make bank, but it's slowly but surely getting worse.

Because of how many lawyers out there, law firms ABUSE lawyers now. They always did to an extent, but it's getting insane now. 72 hour weeks, and if you say you don't wanna do that, its all well and good but you're ruining your career. Now look at pharmacy. Metrics galore. Chains abuse RPHS because they can.

It's sad.

What he meant to say was it's not worth it UNLESS you work for a awesome company like CVS. Chains abusing RPHs...that's all the other corporate retail chains. CVS loves and respects their pharmacists!