Congratulations, You Have Matched!!!! Post Where You're Going Here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poety

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
wooo hooo, here is the official - where are you going thread? Perhaps we can meet our future colleagues!!

Good luck everyone on getting their number one!!!

:luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Something I would like to suggest, too, is that we post all of our stats in one condensed message (ie board scores, AOA, activities, grades, programs applied to, interviews received, and rank list). When I think back to how OCD I was when I found out I wanted to to psychiatry, I checked here for all that kind of info to let me know that normal people could go to cool places too. I know it's personal information, but I think it will help next year's applicants get an idea of a cross-section of the applicant profile out there (granted with SDN users only bias).

Poety, can you come up with a standardized format if people are amenable to to doing this?

grunermann said:
Something I would like to suggest, too, is that we post all of our stats in one condensed message (ie board scores, AOA, activities, grades, programs applied to, interviews received, and rank list). When I think back to how OCD I was when I found out I wanted to to psychiatry, I checked here for all that kind of info to let me know that normal people could go to cool places too. I know it's personal information, but I think it will help next year's applicants get an idea of a cross-section of the applicant profile out there (granted with SDN users only bias).

Poety, can you come up with a standardized format if people are amenable to to doing this?

Sure:

Grades:
Research:
Board Scores:
Extracurric:
School Committees:

Interview Invites:
Interviews Attended:
Ranked:
Matched:

I recommend people sign in under a different name to protect anonymity since many of us have posted lots of personal stuff about ourselves and this stuff is pretty personal :)

Members don't see this ad :)
As a 2nd year medical student very interested in Psychiatry, I would greatly appreciate something like this! It is sort of difficult to find information like this around the 'net. Thank you all and good luck!

grunermann said:

just for you, poety, i have recreated myself an identity to fulfill this request, once our match stats come out. the things i do for you people.

beatrice said:
just for you, poety, i have recreated myself an identy to fulfill this request, once our match stats come out. the things i do for you people.

I just LOVE the name Beatrice!~! :)

Well I can't get SDN to keep me logged out, so I guess you'll just have to live without my anonymous stats. :p

Hurricane said:
Well I can't get SDN to keep me logged out, so I guess you'll just have to live without my anonymous stats. :p

ARE YOU BEATRICE :eek:

Poety said:
ARE YOU BEATRICE :eek:

No, I'm me. I tried logging out to make a fake account, but after I log out and load another SDN page, it automatically logs me back in as Hurricane. Bah.

Hurricane said:
No, I'm me. I tried logging out to make a fake account, but after I log out and load another SDN page, it automatically logs me back in as Hurricane. Bah.
Clear your cache and cookies...

SOUTH CAROLINA HERE I COME RIGHT BACK WHERE I STARTED FROM LLALALALALALALALALALAL NUMBER ONE BABYYYYYY NUMERO UNO - ME SO HAPPY, OHHHHH ME SO HAPPY WOOOO HOOOOO <singing>

uhhh, for those that didn't know - I got USC :)

sing it with me now, its your birthday, ya gunna party like its your birthday woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

YAY MCG here I come!

Members don't see this ad :)
My #1 UT Southwestern!

Don't mess with Texas ;)

OH AWESOME YOU GUYS!!!!! SOLID - you'll be less than an hour away from me and one of my classmates MATCHED THERE!!!!!! YOU'RE GUNNA HAVE AN AWESOME CLASS!!!!!! I KNOW TWO PEOPLE THAT MATCHED THERE!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Baylor - why are you scared?

Hurricane - YOU GO GIRL ;)

It was sad to see some friends match at 5th - :scared: but I'm really happy our crew here has done so well :)

Cambridge!!!! YAAAAAAaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!
(first choice - PHEW!)

:love:

WOW WE ARE DOING GREAT IN THIS FORUM!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!

Longwood! My #1. Still speechless 3 hours later.

university of michigan
any body else going?

CONGRATS :)

UCLA-NPI
First choice! I still can't believe it!

I'm headed to the University of Illinois-Chicago
Anyone else?

South Carolina!!! #1 choice

Poety said:
Grades:
Research:
Board Scores:
Extracurric:
School Committees:

Interview Invites:
Interviews Attended:
Ranked:
Matched:

Grades: High-Pass mostly with 2-3 Honors
Research: Some articles prior to medical school
Board Scores: 199 Step 1 & 231 Step 2
Extracurric: too many to list, ranging from community service to arts
School Committees: curriculum, ethics, computers

Interview Invites:brown, mgh, yale, ucsf, colorado, mayo, longwood, cambridge, emory unc-ch, ucsd, uc-davis, uc-irvine, ohsu, uw-seattle, usc, columbia, duke, hopkins, pratt, stanford, ucla
Interviews Attended:brown, mgh, yale, ucsf, mayo, longwood, cambridge, unc-ch, duke, ucsd, uc-davis, uc-irvine, duke, columbia, ucla, stanford, hopkins
Ranked: all except hopkins
Matched: first choice (Not telling exactly which one of the Harvard Programs it is, or y'all will know who this is, duh, but it's either longwood, mgh, or cambridge.)

osiris3 said:

Looks like Poety was right. You two did match together. Congrats to everyone. Seems like a lot of people got #1 or #2. I saw the 4th years at my school celebrating with envelopes in hand. Just 3 years to go for me...

For grades, are you posting 3rd year grades or do you include 1st and 2nd years too? At my school we don't have high pass. Only about 15% of us can get honors in any given class so it's most likely that I'll get pass in every class and rotation.

Matched at AMEP(austin, tx)!!!! My #1 choice!!!!

osiris3 said:

YOU OWE ME A DOLLAR - I told ya we were matching together ;)

Hey All Congrats to everyone who matched!!
I matched at MCG , it was my#3
So who all else is going to MCG???

Rizwan

rare14 said:
I'll also be at UTSW! :D

Cool! If you've read Dr. Mohl's goofy bios he wrote for all of us, I'm the one with the sex research :p

So is this the official UT smilie: :horns:

beatrice said:
Grades: High-Pass mostly with 2-3 Honors
Research: Some articles prior to medical school
Board Scores: 199 Step 1 & 231 Step 2
Extracurric: too many to list, ranging from community service to arts
School Committees: curriculum, ethics, computers

Interview Invites:brown, mgh, yale, ucsf, colorado, mayo, longwood, cambridge, emory unc-ch, ucsd, uc-davis, uc-irvine, ohsu, uw-seattle, usc, columbia, duke, hopkins, pratt, stanford, ucla
Interviews Attended:brown, mgh, yale, ucsf, mayo, longwood, cambridge, unc-ch, duke, ucsd, uc-davis, uc-irvine, duke, columbia, ucla, stanford, hopkins
Ranked: all except hopkins
Matched: first choice (Not telling exactly which one of the Harvard Programs it is, or y'all will know who this is, duh, but it's either longwood, mgh, or cambridge.)

hey all....
would you guys mind putting up some stats for those of us with anxiety disorder?? :love:
Thanks!!!!!

Matched at my #1, so I am bringin' myself all the way back to Austin, Texas, baby! Yeah! Hook 'em! Congratulations to all!

Q

DO-Riz said:
Hey All Congrats to everyone who matched!!
I matched at MCG , it was my#3
So who all else is going to MCG???

Rizwan

MCG in da house!

Brotherhood of the four-point restraint LOL

brotherhood of four-point restraint!!! :laugh: friggin hilarious!

am i really the only one here representing the future pgy-1 class of the university of maryland/sheppard pratt??? come out of the woodwork, my future colleagues! i beseech thee!

LSU-HSC, Shreveport, LA; 1st choice!

Are we supposed to do anything now or do we wait for the programs to contact us? Someone told me we can't contact the programs until Friday is it true?

not sure about the fri thing. my program sent out a mass email with the names/med schools of individuals who matched there. also, the pd called all newcomers individually late this afternoon. he said they'd get back to us soon and would hook us up with upperclassmen to help us out with housing etc.

I already wrote the PD and the chief called me - I'm so happy - seriously. and btw, for all my brethen psychers - MY HOUSE SOLD TONIGHT WOOOO HOOOO PRAISE GOD!!!!1

MDgonnabe said:
not sure about the fri thing. my program sent out a mass email with the names/med schools of individuals who matched there. also, the pd called all newcomers individually late this afternoon. he said they'd get back to us soon and would hook us up with upperclassmen to help us out with housing etc.

CONGRATULATIONS MY SWEETIE PIE!!!!!!! BLOW EM AWAY HON!!!!!

Poety said:
CONGRATULATIONS MY SWEETIE PIE!!!!!!! BLOW EM AWAY HON!!!!!

congrats to yourself! today brought you many blessings. :)

Grades: High GPA in M1/M2, some Pass with Honors M3/M4
research: Absolutely Nada
Boards: Comlex 1 602, USMLE 1 217, Comlex 2 589
Extracurriculars: Volunteering, Student Orgs,

Interview invites: UF, Miami, MCG, MUSC, UNC, UVA, MCV, Baylor, Loyola
Interviews Attended: UF, MCG, UNC, UVA, MCV, UVA, Miami
Ranked: All except Miami and MCV
Matched: MCG ( # 3 Choice )

Congrats everyone!!!

I matched at Mt. Sinai! A bit of a surprise, but I think I will be happy there :)

Anyone else going to Mt. Sinai or is already there? I'd love to hear from you!

Congratulations, everyone!

The Pride
Duke University Class of 2002
UT Southwestern Class of 2006
UC Irvine Psychiatry Residency Class of 2010 (My #1 :love: )