Congratulations, You Have Matched!!!! Post Where You're Going Here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
NYMC/ St. Vincents Catholic Medical Center- Manhattan

I love the village!!! Congratulations everyone!!! :love: :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Cambridge Hospital--I'm so happy! See you soon, Psych2B!

watto said:
UCLA-NPI
First choice! I still can't believe it!

congrats watto! back to ca you go....

Members don't see this ad :)
buglady said:
congrats watto! back to ca you go....

Thanks--I'm ready to bust outta the north here asap. Can we interest you in psych, Buglady?

Today I can finally clean out the piles and piles of paper and folders and booklets and CDs and whatnot from the other psych programs I was considering. My desk will be able to breathe once again! :)

johndean11229 said:
long island jewish! my number one!

hey man, just wanted to let you know that ill be joining u at lij, come july..im pretty happy, it definitely wasnt my top choice, to be honest, but my parents seem to be much happier than me... :) long island to them is a much more wholesome environment than manhatten...(i wanted sinai)...anyways, regardless, ill be there....still figuring out housing thou...what are u planning on doing? where did u go to med school? i went to downstate med in brooklyn....

my name is bassem...nice to meet you...

Angelina Jolie (or whoever you may be),

I also matched at St. Vincent's! Send me a PM and we'll talk!

-Matt

Bassem-

Met you on the interview trail. Good to hear that you are going to LIJ. Do you remember being on the 4 train from Montefiore with the guy from Florida?

Watch out for those people outside your dorm!

-Matt

PsychedOut said:

-Matt

Bassem-

Met you on the interview trail. Good to hear that you are going to LIJ. Do you remember being on the 4 train from Montefiore with the guy from Florida?

-Matt

Hey I sent you a PM :)

PsychedOut said:

-Matt

Bassem-

-Matt

of course i remember u matt!! congrats on st vincents, we have three kids from downstate who are going there, theyre all real chill, im sure ull love it there...i wanted sinai, didnt get it.. its ok thou, hillside is a great hospital, just gotta get used to long island!!! haha

Hey everyone,

Congratulations to you all!

I will be heading to MGH/McLean next year...time to go buy some heavier winter clothes! I am very excited.

Best of luck to you all,

BCS

watto said:
Thanks--I'm ready to bust outta the north here asap. Can we interest you in psych, Buglady?

Close...probably Family Medicine....are you still running?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to my first choice school, Duke!

-felicity

BCS, like you were gunna go anywhere else? CONGRATS HON!!!

Felicity - ROCK ON!! CONGRATS!

Glad to see the old crew coming back to post on where they're going - hoep you are all happy with your matches@

Just wanted to say POETY, THANKS FOR BEING A GREAT CHEERLEADER FOR EVERYONE THROUGHOUT THIS PROCESS!!! You have been so upbeat. Even though I didn't post all that much, I did check the forums and appreciated it. Best of luck everyone.

-felicity

Poety said:
BCS, like you were gunna go anywhere else? CONGRATS HON!!!

Felicity - ROCK ON!! CONGRATS!

Glad to see the old crew coming back to post on where they're going - hoep you are all happy with your matches@

AmosyBoris said:
Cambridge Hospital--I'm so happy! See you soon, Psych2B!

Yay!!!! See you soon, AmosyBoris!

Finally recovering from past three days! :sleep: Anyway, anticlimatic now, but I matched into my number one: Rush!! I'm totally psyched!! If anyone else on here is going there, please give me a PM.

Yeah, I was curious when I was applying, too . . .

Grades: middle of my class at "top 20" school
Research: some psych research that went unpublished in undergrad
Board Scores: 241
Extracurric: Vice Pres of Class, Pres of Psych Club, USMLE tutor, etc.
School Committees: Chief Editor of Third Year Handbook

Interview Invites: Stanford, UC Irvine, UC Davis, UW, UT Southwestern, UTMB, UT Houston, Baylor, Emory, Colorado, Brown, Einstein

Interviews Attended: Stanford, UC Irvine, UC Davis, UW, UT Southwestern, UTMB, Emory, Einstein

NO Love from: Columbia, Cornell, NYU, Mass Gen, Pitt, UCSF, UCLA-NPI

:love: Matched: UC Irvine (#1) :love:

P

p.s. GO DUKE! Can you believe people around here picked Texas to beat them? Tsk, tsk . . .

Grades: All Honors
Research: Research with several presentations & publication submissions, no publications as of when I interviewed.
Boards: 234
Extra: Lots of volunteering/leadership type stuff
Interview invites: GWU, OHSU, Duke, Brown, MGH, JHU, Longwood, Columbia, Cornell, Sinai, NYU, Maryland, Emory, UNC, U Wash, Yale
Interview rejections: none
Attended: Duke, Brown, MGH, JHU, Longwood, Emory, Yale

...as for more important things--I'm picking duke to go all the way this year!!

get ready to seek a lot of alcohol and drug abuse and malingers at st. vincent's. more so than other psych residency programs.

Somehow, it seems that many a Manhattan malingerer manages to get to Tampa, Florida! Better yet, my first clearly manic patient as a third year medical student had taken the bus from Queens to St. Petersburg and promptly fought with the police here.

PsychedOut said:
Somehow, it seems that many a Manhattan malingerer manages to get to Tampa, Florida! Better yet, my first clearly manic patient as a third year medical student had taken the bus from Queens to St. Petersburg and promptly fought with the police here.

A psychotic patient of mine managed to fly to NYC at the suggestion of his voices. NYC sent him back a month later, but with a lot more medication in him.

Congratulations to everyone who matched this year! I am so impressed- you guys are going to some fantastic programs! Here's hoping that some of your good luck rubs off on those of us who are following a few years behind you!

Thanks Felicity!

I'm just proud of my fellow psychers here, its easy to be a cheerleader :p

I BOUGHT MY NEW HOUSE EVERYONE! Now God willing, all will go as planned! YEAH!

Godspeed to you all - buying is heck!

BCS_001 said:
Hey everyone,

Congratulations to you all!

I will be heading to MGH/McLean next year...time to go buy some heavier winter clothes! I am very excited.

Best of luck to you all,

BCS

Stud!

I'm in your class next year. (R.B.)
See you in June.
I'm also having the same "find a BLS/ACLS class" pain right now.

Does anyone have any recommendations for preparing for intern year especially for the medicine months?