Consideration of Step 2 Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bartholomew

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took step 2 on the 13th of October. From my understanding it will take about 4 weeks for scores to come back. I also understand that step 2 scores are usually more important than step 1. Will my scores be back in time for programs to add this to my profile? I appreciate the input. I'm starting to stress out now...

Members don't see this ad.

while its NOT pivotal to have your step 2 scores in for IM. If you do a lot better or in the very least equal your step 1, its nice to have programs see that. but schools will be offering you interview in the interim. thus don't stress. once you get them in, eras will either automatically submit them (if you selected this option) or log into eras and select resubmit once the scores are in.

look at this way, if you do well, it may open up a few more interview options...but schools will not hinder their decision on step 2 though some higher end schools would ideally like to see it...

So it might be a good idea to get ones step two in say before December?

Members don't see this ad :)
i just edited my last post...its NOT vital to have step 2 scores...

to answer your question, if you can get step 2 over with before december....well i guess its good...but if you take it end of nov...you won't get a score til end of dec...and by that point, i dont know if there will be a lot of interview spots available....

but it may help at places that you have already interviewed at...

i'm not sure if this helps...

good luck with whatever you decide....

FYI, for anyone interested. My step 2 score took 23 days to be released. I have yet to recieve the score in the mail, so I don't know how I did, but it did seem to land me one additional interview...

anyone know how that 14 day break from jan1-14 affects score release? i'm taking it at the very end of december.