Considering DO, but pretty new to all aspects of applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Harryboy44

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I am currently a junior at an Arkansas public university. I am a Biomedical Biology major and took 18 hours every semester which has put me very far ahead, so I also am working towards a Psychology Minor. I have 2 semesters left and plan on taking my MCAT this summer. I currently have right at a 3.5 cGPA. I have played football while in college all four years which I am hoping will look good for the application. My E.C are very all pretty good as well:
shadow hours: 150+
volunteer hours: 200+
With all this being said, I am considering both DO and MD options and was just wondering (pending MCAT score of course) if I have decent chances overall of being accepted. I am planning to apply to Arkansas' only MD school (UAMS) and both of the new DO schools (ARCOM and NYITCOM).

any and all feedback is extremely appreciated.