Considering PT... looking for some advice

Started by jascms
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jascms

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I'm a junior psychology student and I've been pondering about what I want to do with my life for a while now. I've been considering nursing, speech path, and physical therapy. But... I started off as a bio major and found it really challenging. I switched into psychology before I ever considered PT.

I got an A in my bio lab and math class, but a B in chem 1/2, bio 1, and chem lab. I go to a rather rigorous undergrad school, so the science intro classes were considered weed-outs and B's were above average but that doesn't really matter, so... I just worry that if I continue to get these kind of grades, I'll end up with a pre-req avg of like 3.2-3.3. My cumulative GPA is ~3.66 and may still improve.

Anyway, just looking for some advice I suppose! Are B's considered the lower end of acceptable? If I didn't particularly enjoy these classes, should that be a red flag? I do like bio, but all the "extra" non human bio stuff is just soooo boring to me.

And ONE last Q: Generally, is the bio sequence (1 and 2) supposed to be gen bio 1 and 2? Or can it be any 2 bio classes?

Thank you so much!
 
Last edited:
If you're considering PT then you should make sure you actually want to be a PT first.

Worry about grades later.