Considering PT... looking for some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jascms

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm a junior psychology student and I've been pondering about what I want to do with my life for a while now. I've been considering nursing, speech path, and physical therapy. But... I started off as a bio major and found it really challenging. I switched into psychology before I ever considered PT.

I got an A in my bio lab and math class, but a B in chem 1/2, bio 1, and chem lab. I go to a rather rigorous undergrad school, so the science intro classes were considered weed-outs and B's were above average but that doesn't really matter, so... I just worry that if I continue to get these kind of grades, I'll end up with a pre-req avg of like 3.2-3.3. My cumulative GPA is ~3.66 and may still improve.

Anyway, just looking for some advice I suppose! Are B's considered the lower end of acceptable? If I didn't particularly enjoy these classes, should that be a red flag? I do like bio, but all the "extra" non human bio stuff is just soooo boring to me.

And ONE last Q: Generally, is the bio sequence (1 and 2) supposed to be gen bio 1 and 2? Or can it be any 2 bio classes?

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you're considering PT then you should make sure you actually want to be a PT first.

Worry about grades later.