Contacting programs if no response

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nottingham

Accepted Pharmacy Student
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an etiquette question. At this point, if you haven't heard from a program at all, do you contact them in case there is an issue?

I only ask because I just recieved an interview invite from a program who had apparently been spelling my email address wrong and sending my invite elsewhere (and didn't receive an error message either). I have heard nothing from my top choice program either, and was wondering if it was worth a shot contacting them in case something similar happened to them.

These were the only 2 programs I had yet to hear from; both had deadlines the first week of January. I recently got married and changed my name in PhorCAS, so I would have a worthy "premise" to email them about too.
 
I have an etiquette question. At this point, if you haven't heard from a program at all, do you contact them in case there is an issue?

I only ask because I just recieved an interview invite from a program who had apparently been spelling my email address wrong and sending my invite elsewhere (and didn't receive an error message either). I have heard nothing from my top choice program either, and was wondering if it was worth a shot contacting them in case something similar happened to them.

These were the only 2 programs I had yet to hear from; both had deadlines the first week of January. I recently got married and changed my name in PhorCAS, so I would have a worthy "premise" to email them about too.

Yes, I contacted all the programs I had not heard from about a week ago. And they either told me no we sent out all out invites already or we are still in the process of reviewing. Nothing wrong with contacting them plus I got an invite day after I contacted a program. IMO nothing to lose
 
I hate getting these emails, we're busy and know how spam filters work so we call applicants to schedule.

Just...don't, it's annoying. I had one girl CC EVERY SINGLE RESIDENT + RPD about their application & every response. Complete "reply all" abuse. It was enough for me to note "poor communication choices on their app" and was a contributing factor to their not being called.