Contacting programs if no response

Nottingham

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2007
PA
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I have an etiquette question. At this point, if you haven't heard from a program at all, do you contact them in case there is an issue?

I only ask because I just recieved an interview invite from a program who had apparently been spelling my email address wrong and sending my invite elsewhere (and didn't receive an error message either). I have heard nothing from my top choice program either, and was wondering if it was worth a shot contacting them in case something similar happened to them.

These were the only 2 programs I had yet to hear from; both had deadlines the first week of January. I recently got married and changed my name in PhorCAS, so I would have a worthy "premise" to email them about too.

pharmacyresi

Dec 10, 2012
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I have an etiquette question. At this point, if you haven't heard from a program at all, do you contact them in case there is an issue?

I only ask because I just recieved an interview invite from a program who had apparently been spelling my email address wrong and sending my invite elsewhere (and didn't receive an error message either). I have heard nothing from my top choice program either, and was wondering if it was worth a shot contacting them in case something similar happened to them.

These were the only 2 programs I had yet to hear from; both had deadlines the first week of January. I recently got married and changed my name in PhorCAS, so I would have a worthy "premise" to email them about too.

Yes, I contacted all the programs I had not heard from about a week ago. And they either told me no we sent out all out invites already or we are still in the process of reviewing. Nothing wrong with contacting them plus I got an invite day after I contacted a program. IMO nothing to lose

confettiflyer

Model Citizen™
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
Best Coast
  1. Pharmacist
I hate getting these emails, we're busy and know how spam filters work so we call applicants to schedule.

Just...don't, it's annoying. I had one girl CC EVERY SINGLE RESIDENT + RPD about their application & every response. Complete "reply all" abuse. It was enough for me to note "poor communication choices on their app" and was a contributing factor to their not being called.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.