Contacting programs if no response

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nottingham

Accepted Pharmacy Student
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an etiquette question. At this point, if you haven't heard from a program at all, do you contact them in case there is an issue?

I only ask because I just recieved an interview invite from a program who had apparently been spelling my email address wrong and sending my invite elsewhere (and didn't receive an error message either). I have heard nothing from my top choice program either, and was wondering if it was worth a shot contacting them in case something similar happened to them.

These were the only 2 programs I had yet to hear from; both had deadlines the first week of January. I recently got married and changed my name in PhorCAS, so I would have a worthy "premise" to email them about too.

Members don't see this ad.

I have an etiquette question. At this point, if you haven't heard from a program at all, do you contact them in case there is an issue?

I only ask because I just recieved an interview invite from a program who had apparently been spelling my email address wrong and sending my invite elsewhere (and didn't receive an error message either). I have heard nothing from my top choice program either, and was wondering if it was worth a shot contacting them in case something similar happened to them.

These were the only 2 programs I had yet to hear from; both had deadlines the first week of January. I recently got married and changed my name in PhorCAS, so I would have a worthy "premise" to email them about too.

Yes, I contacted all the programs I had not heard from about a week ago. And they either told me no we sent out all out invites already or we are still in the process of reviewing. Nothing wrong with contacting them plus I got an invite day after I contacted a program. IMO nothing to lose

I hate getting these emails, we're busy and know how spam filters work so we call applicants to schedule.

Just...don't, it's annoying. I had one girl CC EVERY SINGLE RESIDENT + RPD about their application & every response. Complete "reply all" abuse. It was enough for me to note "poor communication choices on their app" and was a contributing factor to their not being called.